“Best Caesar Salad Ever”
Review of Gabriella Cafe

Gabriella Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Gabriella Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 406 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: USD 20 - USD 22
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I've been here a couple of times, and liked everything we ordered. The stand-out, though, was the Caesar salad each time. Perfect dressing: garlic and anchovies prominent, but not over-powering.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for my sons birthday. The service was great and the food really good. We had their oysters, beet salad and their snapper. We also had a few appetizers. Each thing we ordered was fresh, seasoned well and so delicious. Also, they brought lots of bread for my hungry son and were nicely attentive. We would go back for sure.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We came here with children and grandchildren who are vegans. There are many choices on the menu which changes daily.
Brussels sprouts appetizer was outstanding as were the olives.
Entrees were squash ravioli, salmon and other pasta dishes.
An extensive wine list added to our dining experience.
Prices are reasonable and decor is small but charming.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Lovely and Tasty...Small and cozy,but may feel a bit tight for any big bodied people. Great food and wine. Really happy with all our choices. Just looked at check and it does not name our entree. Pity, because I forgot the names already. Appetizer was some kind of roasted brussels sprouts that were awesome. One had salmon, 4 stars, one had homemade ravioli, 4 stars, and I can't think of the third entree. I will surly return. I am in Santa Cruz several times a year. Glad I found you, Gabriella! Check for 3 of us was about $150.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 1 November 2017

This is a very cute, but very small restaurant with inside/outside seating. They allow dogs in the outside area. We had reservations and were seated immediately. We started with a glass of Prosecco. Our server was nice, but seemed slightly impatient when we delayed ordering our food so we could enjoy our drinks. Probably because it’s such a small place, they don’t want people lingering. Since the tables are very close together and the place gets crowded quickly, it becomes very noisy. I would go on the early side, and make sure I have reservations.

We ordered the Pan Amore to share. It’s focaccia bread with goat cheese, spinach pesto, and roasted garlic. We ordered it because I love goat cheese, but it was not worth it. It’s just meh. For dinner, my husband had the Orecchiette with asparagus (and other veggies), pancetta, and a couple cheeses, and I had the Butternut Squash Ravioli. My husband liked his more than I liked mine. The raviolis tasted fine, but the sauce was totally too liquidy for my taste.

This is not a restaurant I would repeat. We paid $116.00 for the two glasses of Prosecco, the appetizer, the two pastas, two additional glasses of wine, one coffee, and tax and tip.

Date of visit: June 2017