All reviews waffles walking distance flat screen clean rooms downtown boardwalk wharf keurig microwave
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Really enjoyable stay. Walking distance from the Boardwalk and Wharf. Spacious, well appointed rooms. Bed was great. Refrigerator and Kerig coffee maker in the room. Continental breakfast of cereal and danish, and the little waffle makers I like so much. The tub in our room had jets like a Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #112, and it was great.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I will start with the positive aspects: we booked the family 'studio'. That is a misnomer: it is not a studio. The main room has a table and 2 pull out beds. Easily 4 people can sleep there. Then there is a separate bedroom with a king size bed. Both rooms have flat screen TV's. A perfect set up for us and are 2 granddaughters.

The breakfast was adequate: pastries, cereal, waffles. The people at the desk made sure to replenish immediately.

The negatives: the photographs online give you a false impression of this 'Inn'. It is a motel in great need of repair. The bottom and sides of the pool need to be professionally cleaned or resurfaced. There are places on the walls in the room that have been respackled but not repainted. The closet in the master bedroom has no hangers.

Worst of all, our room was next to the laundry area, so there were MANY large barrels of dirty linens outside the entrance to our room. There was also a table in front of the entrance to our room with dirty dishes, food containers and utensils. The flies were very happy.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

****DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!**** If there was an option to give no stars and still review I would. This was the absolute worse hotel I have ever stayed in. I travel very very often and have stayed in numerous hotels and this by far is the absolute worst place to stay. Let’s start things off with our first issue. Our room. The room was extremely dirty and within five minutes of walking around in your room your feet were black covered in filth. The bathroom smelt of sewage at all times. We didn’t even use the bathroom and it smelt disgusting at all times. It was covered in dirt and the shower drainer comes out if you so much as touch it with your foot which then leaves a huge hole in the shower. That’s another thing, our room had just a tiny shower in it. The door to our room didn’t shut all the way. You could close it and push it back open so we had to slam it shut each time, multiple times to get it to close and the handle was nearly falling off. We stayed in room 121 by the way. The room didn’t have a tv remote in it so we had to go the next morning to the office to get one, which didn’t turn the tv off or change the volume, minor but annoying issue. Next there was the fact we checked in and they did not provide their complimentary dog bowl and treats as it states they do. My friend actually asked them for this when it wasn’t in our room and the gentleman at the desk stated “don’t know why our website still says that, we don’t even do that anymore“. So there’s a lie they put out there on their website. After we checked in and saw our room we left for the day when we got back at 10:30pm our key cards didn’t work. They worked one time when we first got there and then didn’t work. I went and told the front desk while carrying my sleeping child and they “fixed it”. This happened again the next day and again I had to go back to the office and get them to fix the key cards. We stayed for a total of three nights that cost us over $550. This brings me to my next topic which is the parking! They make you pay a $30.00 fee to park there and state that it is first come first serve as far as parking, as long as you have your parking pass. Well, each night there were multiple cars parked in the parking lot that did not have a parking pass and did not pay for the parking like we were forced to and yet they got parking spots while we had to park across the street at a METER parking spot. On our last night we wedged our car in by the vending machine because we refused to walk over a mile with a sleeping toddler after paying $30 for parking there. I called the front desk once we got into our room and I asked if they tow cars that don’t have the passes to park in the parking lot and he said yes usually since they aren’t suppose to be there so then I asked him then why are there five cars parking in spots right now that don’t have a parking pass? and the gentleman said “sorry ma’am” I demanded his manager call me the next day when they got in which never happened. Horrible customer service!!!!!! Then, there is the fact you can hear the plumbing from the other rooms in your room each time they flush. It’s very loud. There is no noise control from the front office so the other guests staying can be as loud as they want and that’s it. You’d have to call the police in order to have it taken care of. We were woken up multiple times each night by other guests being loud drinking and partying as well as slamming their car doors and such. Also, they make the pictures of the pool seem as if the pool is big and nice! It’s NOT! It’s a very very small pool that is extremely dirty inside and looks as if it hasn’t been cleaned in a long time. It was gross so we decided not to use it. They didn’t restock the coffee every morning when coming in to do maid service. Their towels are very small also which makes you need to use two. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone ever. Absolutely disgusting and not worth the money. We could have paid the same if not a little more or less for a way better place. I am absolutely disgusted in this place as well as the management who didn’t do anything about the complaints. Even our dog wouldn’t pee or poop outside that’s how dirty and disgusting it is! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank Summer L
Reviewed 7 February 2018

My husband and I reserved a King room for two nights.
1. We went through three remotes. None of them worked correctly. We could not control the power, volume, closed captioning, timer, or anything else, except the guide and channel. We used TV controls to turn the set on and off and control volume. When first reporting this, we were told that the owner had to program them. That didn’t happen while we were there.
2. The Keurig machine and K-cups were nice!
3. There wasn’t a desk in the room. Not a lot of room for one.
4. The internet didn’t work well. We went to a coffee house to correspond.
5. It was nice that the floor was not covered by carpet. However, it was surprisingly dirty. That was apparent when bare feet needed washing after a short time.
6. The housekeeping staff was very nice.
7. We had to pay for parking in their parking lot.
8. The picture of the room, on their website, showed a comfy-looking chair. This is important because due to back issues, I sleep more sitting up than not. When we got into the room, no chair! I had to resort to option B, a canvas camping chair that we had along. And then, I was begrudgingly allowed a couple extra sheets and a blanket. The clerk seemed uneasy allowing this, mentioning something about “housekeeping not liking that.” Since my poor posture wasn’t enough, I assured him that I had done this in many hotels in our past travels and that I would not take the sheets. Other than that incident, the front desk staff was amicable.
9. The office was wheelchair accessible, but the first floor rooms we were in/near were not. There were stairs to the second story, but I didn’t see an elevator.
10. The wooden blinds, on our first floor room, had to be shut constantly to keep the entire room from being visible to anyone on the sidewalk, which passed in front of the room.
11. We were within walking distance of the Boardwalk.
12. The pool looked nice.
13. The sink faucet spout was unusually short. We were unable to rinse our hands under the running water without touching the side of the sink.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LRIOWA
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

This is a $50 room for $90. It is abysmal. The room is so small that the bathroom is the size of a closet. The door bangs the second bed when it opens. You can't get out of that bed on the side. There are dings and exposed screws and bangs on the wall. The furniture has dings all over it. My husband thought it was morning at 2 am since the lot was so lit up. You could hear all the other rooms from within your room. They gave 2 jars of shampoo, conditioner, lotion. They gave only 2 Kureig cups. The shower drain was disgusting, it would pool at the bottom leaving your feet in a pool of gross water. The floor was gross to walk on with bare feet. We walked to the downtown, which was scary, felt unsafe and gave my son nightmares. There is a pool, but unheated. They do have a fridge, microwave and a TV. The front desk guy was very nice and friendly and gave us restaurant reccomendations. There is no way we would stay here again or reccommend this ever. The hotel is on the main drag and noisy. When you sit on the toilet, you are about an inch from the dirty wall. We kept our shoes on inside because the floor was so ick. The breakfast was all carbs - mixing bowls of 4 cereals, waffles, stale croissants and cut in half Costco muffins. I had to ask the desk lady to mix the OJ as it was separated and the coffee was horrible. Ask to see the room before you continue your reservation because it is nothing like the front lobby. You could borrow 2 cruiser adult bicycles.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family