“Decent room/decent view/decent price”
Review of Seaway Inn

and 1 more site!
Seaway Inn
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed ehre when we learned the Dream Inn, directly acrtoss the street does not accept even the best mannered pet. We had the larger room at the top of the stairs at the front of motel-quiet, best view in motel, etc. I am used to high end accommodations and these definitely were not high end. But it was homey, clean, and perfectly acceptable.

Room Tip: Best view room-can actually see surf-from room at top of stais in front of the motel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Suze1907

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Our stay here would have been a lot nicer if we did not get the inside corner downstairs room. It was really dark and felt like a two closets that were converted to an extra room. Luckily, the weather was good so we spent most of our day running around the beach.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs or at the end of the hall, not at the inside corner.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FtCollinsCricket
Reviewed 11 January 2012

the stay is good for the price and liked the breakfast and free wi fi. only complaint I have is that the last 4 days the cleaning crew does not come in to clean the room, bathroom, no clean sheets! the cleaning crew's behavior is very odd too. I put up the please clean the room sign and she still would not come in to clean. I even had to carry out the trash from the room.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Stayed at the Seaway Inn for five days. The location was great, close enough to the Boardwalk and beach, and far enough away from the crowds and noise. The staff were really cool, and made me feel welcome and relaxed. My room was perfect, I traveled alone and this was the perfect place for me. I was able to nap during the day, my favorite thing to do sometimes on vacation, with no interuptions. Room was clean and check out the showers, their one of a kind, like my whole stay at the Seaway Inn, I cant wait to return. Thanks to all the staff for making me feel at home, Merry X-Mas and Happy New Year.

Room Tip: upstairs with view of beach
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed in a room in the annex down the hill. My room was in the back (305), so it was quiet and very cozy. There were bunkbeds and a nice little kitchen too, which would have been great for a family visit. The location is perfect; near the beachs/wharf and close to the Pacific garden mall. I rented a bike from the hotel and rode all over the place. Because it was off-season, the price was really low, but I'd come back and stay here even when the prices go up in the summer. Loved it.

Room Tip: Annex is nice but the hotel on the hill also looks good. Don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo