“Very dissapointed”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Soquel Avenue
Description: Since El Palomar’s opening in 1983, we have been serving Santa Cruz unique and fresh Mexican cuisine inspired by authentic family recipes. Our commitment to excellence has continuously earned us the “Best Mexican Restaurant in Santa Cruz” award.
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My family was very disappointed our food was cold once the waiter served our plates, the food was also very plain and don't recommended the restaurant.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Margarita with grand marnier was great. Chips and salsa were fresh. Fajitas were the best I’ve ever had with generous portions of meat. Sever was impeccable!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

The main restaurant is a high ceiling old Mexican architecture room with a lighter and airy one next to it. The servers are courteous and professional and the menu and wine list are simple and well priced.
The Mexican style food came promptly and was well presented and delicious!
All in all a great experience and we will certainly be back.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We were seven on a Saturday night. We sat in the bar, but at tables. Four of us were very disappointed with the food; the other three had better luck (seafood fajitas and a salad). Two had had cheese and onion enchilladas, which were possibly the worst ever. The red sauce seemed straight from a can, the cheese was bland and of skimpy amount, the rice and beans were both also bland. The wait person tried to be helpful, but was working against the crowded atmosphere. I thought the chips were good (and plentiful) but the salsa was unimaginative. Unquestionably, it is an attractive place with a nice historical vibe. Saturday eve deserves some tolerance on noise and waiting time. And maybe we chose wrong. But I can't understand the rave reviews. I doubt I'll be back. There are many other Mexican restaurants in the area that I prefer.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Very nice Mexican food! Loveeeed the chimichangas I had there once, so good! The tacos and burritos are very good as well! Will come back any time