“Great view, friendly staff. Maybe a bit overpriced.”
Review of The Crow's Nest

The Crow's Nest
Ranked #13 of 406 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2018

This restaurant was recommended to us by the front desk clerk at our motel. We went early (about 530 pm) Our server was extremely friendly and helpful in explaining the menu items, and we discovered later in the evening that he is a helluva singer. His "Happy Birthday" rendition (at another table) was very entertaining! After seven days of seafood, I tried the sirloin steak, came with garlic mashed and sauteed veggies. Steak was great, potatoes are potatoes (so little can go wrong), but the veggies had a very, very light sautee, and were a bit chewy. Other menu choice was shrimp, artichoke and spinach ravioli, which was very tasty. We would probably return, but choose different menu items.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,239)

Reviewed 22 October 2018

This is a farly large restaurant. It has a nice view. More of a tourist place. To me, the food was a bit pricey and only average. Not sure I'd go again. Maybe.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

We were visiting my son and his family for my wife’s birthday. They said that their family like this place so we tried it. Found that the meal has a limited menu for certain diets so my other son had few item to order. At the end of the meal they brought my wife a piece of cheese cake for birthday and than brought a treasure chest out for my son’s girl’s daughter to choose a prize. Thought that was really nice of them.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

A friend of ours told us when we got to Santa Cruz we had to stop at The Crow's Nest. Our friend use to live in Santa Cruz, this was his favorite place. We were not disappointed, service was awesome. We ordered the Calamari, the best we have ever had, tender and tasty. The menu offered Wednesday specials. Hubby ordered the Steak special, you could choose prime rib or sirloin steak, potatoes (mashed), steam vegetables, rolls and a choice of a glass of wine or house martini. I ordered the soup and salad bar. The featured soup was tomato florentine. Great afternoon in Santa Cruz

Reviewed 16 October 2018

We had a very pleasant family lunch and enjoyed the harbor and ocean views from our window table. The service was excellent. That being said, the food ranged from pretty good to not so good. The crab cake benedict was very tasty and a creative twist. The featured special of Hawaiian Ono was down right poorly prepared.