All reviews full kitchen the santa cruz area coffee maker kitchenette wifi boardwalk downtown california ocean wharf
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Both my husband & I are Very Picky but this place was great. Very clean, great staff, good value. We will definitely stay again as we visit family in the area. The pool looked great- I will bring my suit next time!

Room Tip: all rooms are on ground floor. Room further from street are quieter.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Everything was perfect until night came and we decided to go to bed but even before this . some homeless person i suppose was walking around the facility and then proceeded to sit on someone's porch and bang on the window the whole night through up until 8 this morning the manager came out so that said something to him once and that was it I don't think we'll stay here again and I will not recommend this place to my friends or family or coworkers a little more effort from manager probably would have made the difference

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Nothin C
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I’m pretty picky when it comes to staying anywhere other than home! This place was super clean and I felt really comfortable! Nice staff and a nice welcome gift at check-in! Highly recommend for families or couples!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Once you get your head around the crazy prices for accommodation in the area, the Hitching Post is reasonable value for money.

Positives include: welcoming staff (Danny); clean rooms; away from the noise of the main drag.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

My husband took us on vacation to Santa Cruz. We stayed at this place... I must say I was so pleased with the hospitality and service. Danny let us change our plans hassle free. A plus when traveling with children. Upon checking in we were given a goodie bag with snacks, perfect for the commute we just made from Las Vegas. This place had a full kitchen, gas stove/oven, microwave, large refrigerator table chairs tons of pantry space. We had a fan in our room along with the normal thermostat ac. We forgot pans and inquired if the office had any, we were loaned a full tub off all pans, pots, cups, utensils, cutting boards, etc. The staff was beyond friendly. Place was super clean. Pool was heated. This is our go to for Santa Cruz. Thanks Danny for making our family vacation memorable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family