“Decent burger and fries”
Review of Betty's Burgers

Betty's Burgers
Ranked #50 of 406 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Our delicious burgers are made with fresh, all-natural beef with NO hormones and NO antibiotics. Local vegetables are delivered fresh daily.
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

A great place for a quick hit & run meal- lunch or dinner.... burgers and fries are where it's at. Decent buns, homemade sauce and nice fries. Definitely a a place to checkout the burger menu.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Well right off the bat, the three gals behind the counter were ALL very friendly and knowledgeable. I was a first time diner here and they went out of the way to "splain" everything to me. I had a 1/2 lb. Betty Burger dressed with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, pickles and lube (a Chipotle spiked sauce of some kind), Onion Rings and a draft Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin beer. They have several beers on tap, and a load of beers by the bottle.

I almost ordered the 1 pound burger (2 half pound patties).....wheeeew, thank goodness I didn't. The guy across from me had one and he needed a forklift to eat it.

I ordered my burger Medium Rare and they delivered. Very tasty! Onion Rings were good and they frequently stopped by all the tables to check on their customers. I saw one of their salads that looked pretty appetizing too, but didn't try it. Clean restaurant and outdoor seating available. Fast service. Recommended.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

First time here and so glad did! Strawberry shake is sooo yummy! Chili cheese fries are delish. Super friendly staff and very efficient.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

I have lived in Santa Cruz over 25 years and it's taken me too long to try out Betty Burgers. I have always heard good things, but I just don't go out for burgers very often. There are just too many great Taquerias here.... :)

But, I was talked into trying out this landmark Santa Cruz burger restaurant last night, and I was not disappointed at all and it lived up to my high expectations from what others have said over the years.

I had a burger that had Balsamic grilled onions, smokey cheddar cheese and bacon. Boy was it yummy. Everything was fresh, and the combination of a great patty, bun and other ingredients were all I could wish for in a burger. We agreed we all liked our Betty Burgers much better than the new Five Guys Burgers in town.

And I have to give a compliment to the staff too. They were very friendly and helpful. The burgers and fries were delivered quickly and came out hot and tasty. They even had beer on tap which was a great plus for me, because I just don't drink soda. Top marks here for great service and great food! I will definitely be back soon.....

Reviewed 1 January 2017

The burger was dry and overdone (though I asked for medium rare). Other than that, there was nothing at all special about it. Anything other than a basic burger runs $8.50 to $10, and that's just for a burger, with cheese or other toppings extra.
The fries were skinny and soaked with oil. And you must pay extra for them @ $2 for basic ones and up to 5 bucks for a small basket of sweet potato fries.
Service was friendly, though. But I came for a rocking good burger.
Better yet, try Burger on the westside (Mission and Bay) or the one in Aptos for a juicy specialty burger - with fries - for ~$8. And Burger has loads of brews - on tap - to select from.

1  Thank RonCentralCA