All reviews lobby area offer valet parking mandatory valet self park option enjoyed the pool area hot oatmeal us feel at home local activities whole foods hotel is centrally located residential neighborhood great hotel great complimentary breakfast the usual amenities very comfortable stay checked in quickly around midnight
Reviewed 5 November 2018

We stayed here for the weekend and could not have been happier. Whomever does the hiring and training at this hotel needs to market it ! EVERY staff member we met (from morning until night) was extremely friendly, engaging, helpful, and courteous.

The rooms are large and clean, and we found the area very quiet at night.

The lobby is large and welcoming. The breakfast is fresh (pancakes need to be improved on) nice plates, real silverware. All food is kept at a good temperature on professional equipment.

Valet only parking $15/night.

I agree with the previous poster about the doors slamming shut. That is a loud noise and will startle you. If you had a sleeping baby, this would wake and scare them.

I am looking forward to returning. Please keep up the good work here!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PeterF5080, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Jobgirl2009,

Wow. Thank you so much. We are very fortunate to have staff members that are genuine and truly care about our guests. The only training needed is on the operational side - the customer service is all them. I am very happy that they impressed you that much.

As much as I would like to take full credit.

I will see where we are at with the doors. If we take too much tension off they will not self close.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 October 2018

The people, property and rooms here were very nice. While we did not eat breakfast here, the selection looked good and I love that the breakfast room is full of natural light. The hotel is centrally located and within walking and/or cycling distance to all one needs. Three things I was surprised about for a Hyatt property were: 1) the rooms did not have USB charging ports; 2) there were no disinfecting wipes in the fitness center; and mostly importantly, 3) the room doors leading to the hallway were not padded. Therefore, when they close automatically it is VERY, VERY, ALARMINGLY loud. Nonetheless, I would definitely stay here again - just wish they would fix those doors.

Date of stay: October 2018
PeterF5080, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear frugaltexan009,

Thank you for pointing out the door - I will see if there is something that can be done to soften the impact and the noise when closing.

The wipe dispenser was actually sitting in housekeeping - not sure if they were refilling the dispenser or washing out the trash receptacle below but it is back where it belongs.

There actually are two USB ports in the little console beneath the TV (where you can connect your device via HDMI to the TV). Just nothing by the bedside where most people like to keep their devices (especially if using the alarm). Plenty of regular plugs throughout the room though.

We definitely look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 23 October 2018

Very nice room. Very clean. The carpet even feels clean to my bare feet. I called a few days ago and asked if they could make sure that they put my dad in a room next to me, the person was so nice. She ever called me back to make sure she was putting us in the right type of rooms. I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
PeterF5080, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear 818claudia,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience. I am happy that the staff went out of their way to get you and your Dad set up. I am glad you found the room to your liking and appreciate your noticing the cleanliness.

Hopefully we will see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 21 October 2018

It is a lovely hotel, big beautiful rooms. Contemporary style. It is almost new.
Nice lobby, valet parking 15-20. Checked in late and front desk staff forgot to tell us that the light switch next to front door was the master switch so if we turn that off everything turns off including. AC system. Went to bed cool, woke up in the middle of night hot. AC thermostat had no power. Room got very warm. Toilet was filling every 10 minutes. It was a loud toilet. tried to shut off valve and it had no valve. The next morning a maint guy had to come & get the shower working. The pull thing would not pull up.
We learned in the am, the Master Switch is part of being a green hotel. Who knew? There should be a label on the thermostat that says it is controlled by master switch. Manager gave us a nice discount. Lovely room other than that.

Room tip: Don't turn off the master switch or you will lose AC & Heat.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PeterF5080, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear Norman W,

Our apologies again for the toilet and the master switch. I was happy to get a chance to speak with you and the missus before your departure. I hope the rest of your trip went off without a hitch.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

First time at a Hyatt Place. If you haven't stayed at one, check it out. Beautiful free breakfast, large area working and free printing. Comfortable rooms...and they can make espresso drinks and have a bar service. The staff members I encountered with a pleasure and are great brand ambassadors for this hotel. From Derek in Valet Services, to Linda and Italia at the front desk. Comfortable and roomy rooms. I'd say it's more for business travelers, but I saw a lot of families. Note: This is not a pet friendly hotel, and I appreciated it. Have had lost many nights of sleep with barking dogs left alone in a hotel room. I have pets and I love pets, but when I'm traveling on business it's all about getting a good nights sleep. So I like that policy.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Safari797055

Safari797055,

Thank you again for the high praise! The staff were thrilled to hear that you were so impressed and all of us hope to see you again in the near future.