All reviews lobby area offer valet parking mandatory valet self park option enjoyed the pool area hot oatmeal us feel at home local activities whole foods hotel is centrally located residential neighborhood great hotel great complimentary breakfast the usual amenities very comfortable stay checked in quickly around midnight
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We went to Santa Cruz last weekend and was excited to try somewhere new! The pool and jacuzzi was lovely as was the breakfast buffet.

Here was the problem though... even though it is a new hotel I stayed in room 128 and the bed was majorly dippy on the right side. Also you control the ac and while you say 72 degrees no clue where the sensor was but it was no where close. In the middle of the night I called down to the lobby to let them know the bed was horrible and it needed rotating and that ac should be looked at and they said ok. Next morning as I checked out no one asked about our stay but I reminded them they should check it out, the right side of the bed and they said ok, no apology, etc. I only used valet once and it was funny! I checked in fine and then for pick up there was quite a back up and took 15 minutes to get my car, then once it got there I loaded up my own luggage and planned to drive off, but I couldn't... the valet guy took my car key with him when he went to get another car so I blocked traffic waiting for him to return so I could finally leave. He sheepishly gave me my key and at least said sorry! I was fine with the $15 parking fee, but the horrible night sleep isn't one I want to repeat... It is too bad because the shared facilities are nice....

Room tip: avoid room 128
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PeterF5080, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Roland W,

I am very sorry to hear about the bed - I will definitely look into that immediately. Those mattresses should be good for at least seven years and we have only been open just the one.

The AC is controlled by the master switch - I wonder if perhaps you hit the switch off sometime before going to bed? I will take a look at that as well.

I will definitely share this review with our overly-cautious valet staff.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Warning: the only parking option at this hotel is valet, and due to the small physical size of the driveway, valet parking is an extremely slow, unorganized mess---and you are being charged for it! Wow.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear chrisG6531ZH,

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the valet parking. They are actually very good but there are times when you will see an inevitable log jam. Cars are parked four deep in the middle so there is usually a car that needs to be moved before the other vehicle can be pulled out. If there is just one attendant this will take longer than normal. We also have 22 lifts which, if your car is on top, means that the vehicle underneath needs to be pulled out before lowering the lift.

On high occupancy days there should be at least two people. Even then, if everyone were to call down for their car at the same time it would pose a challenge. The size of the driveway has no real bearing, unless they are trying to park requested cars there to keep the front of the hotel clear.

$15 is extremely reasonable for overnight parking. Hyatt Place in San Jose charges $26 and you can expect to pay close to $50-60 overnight in San Francisco.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Having travelled around California for almost a month my friend and I wanted somewhere we could just relax for 3 nights and the Hyatt Place did not disappoint.

Our room was quiet, very spacious, spotlessly clean and the bed was extremely comfortable, the sectioned living area with sofa and table was great for relaxing privately. Comfortable seating could also be found in the lobby area and by the poolside.

The outdoor pool was heated and towels were provided, there was also a spa pool.

The staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

Wi-fi was good in the room but not high speed.

Breakfast had hot and cold buffet choices and was tasty and plentiful. A small selection of hot food was available to order 24/7 and we loved the Starbucks lattes!

Valet parking was efficient although there is a cost!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Amesy20,

Thank you so much for posting your review; I am glad you were able to relax and recharge.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Modern rooms, very comfortable and check-in was very easy. Just a few minutes from Santa Cruz wharf. Restaurants are within walking distance, and Whole Foods is a short drive from the hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
PeterF5080, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear KarenAmma1008,

Looks like we have the same birthday? If so, happy belated!

So glad you enjoyed your stay. We definitely hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, truly concerned for their guest needs. Not the best breakfast selections for a Hyatt Place but kind staff....only valet parking available. When i Sked staff for lical restaurants they suggested several great local places

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank alexlL3654CM
PeterF5080, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear alex l,

Thank you for the excellent review. I am very proud of my staff and I appreciate your recognition of their daily efforts.

Starting November 1st we are rolling out a brand new menu included an elevated breakfast offering and revamped retail selections. I hope you get a chance to return and try it out!