All reviews six flags magic mountain cinnamon rolls pancake maker free breakfast hi express room was clean vending machine theme park would stay here again cookies hot tub sofa bed easy access to the freeway hot breakfast the staff was friendly and helpful nice stay free parking
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Visited this hotel recently and on check out forgot my sling bag in the room which had my family passports and cash. I called from LA enquirying about my bag, which to my relief had been taken care of and was kept safe with the reception staff.
I was told to take it whenever i could. An hour later when i reached, i had all my passports, cash and other important documents.
Kudoes to your team. Keep it up and Keep Smiling!!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RahulS5807
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

We are so glad to be of assistance in your travel. Thank you for the wonderful review. Come and see us again.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Only advisable if you are planning to spend the whole day in six flags and plan to crash.

We got a cigarette-smelly "nonsmoking" room, the carpet looks old and dirty, we skipped breakfast until we were out and got pass the queasy feeling.

The only good thing is the staff, it was friendly and attentive.

Room tip: not really comfortable.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Mariano M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the friendliness and the service you received from our staff. On the other hand, I am sorry that the condition of your room and the quality of breakfast we serve was not to your liking. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I'm really surprised this hotel has such good reviews. I think it is old, run down and the beds area really uncomfortable. Plus, our room smelled like smoke too. We've stayed at some higher star hotels in the area and they are much nicer for just a little bit more money.

They also only had one person working on a holiday weekend so the wait was really long to check-in and to get change for the vending machine.

Definitely wouldn't say here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank alliste76
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hi alliste76,

Thank you for posting a review of our property and for staying with us. I am happy to learn you appreciate the proximity of our hotel for your travel needs and the staff service you received based from the high ratings you have provided. However, I am sorry for any disappointed you may have experienced due to the bed, room smell, check in service and vending machine, as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. Rest assured that I have reviewed your comments in detail with the appropriate staff members and maintenance department for necessary improvements. Shall your travels bring you to the area again we hope for the opportunity to provide you a quality stay with us all around.

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 May 2017

This Holiday Inn is a nice hotel. The rooms are very clean. Beds were comfortable. They do offer a breakfast. If you don't have time for eating out, the breakfast will hold you over until lunch. We are always pretty happy with Holiday Inn and this location did not disappoint.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2017

A good hotel. I have stayed here twice while recently working out of town. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great. Right off the freeway and close to lots of dining options. Even though it is next to a busy freeway I never heard the traffic from either of my rooms. The beds were comfortable and there is a good selection of channels on the TV. I used the hot tub every night and the pool area was in good shape and always clean. I will certainly be back when I'm working in the area again.

Date of stay: May 2017