Santa Clara Marriott
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
USD 167
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 202/night.

USD 242
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 269/night.

USD 191
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 212/night.

Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
USD 386
Hilton.com
TownePlace Suites San Jose Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
USD 201
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 314/night.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
USD 177
HYATT House Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
USD 249
USD 120
USD 110
Official Hotel
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
USD 339
USD 234
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
USD 349
USD 335
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssports barthe concierge loungesilicon valleyself parkingroom servicelarge hotellevi stadiumtheme parktech companiesbit datedbusiness tripgreat america parksjc airportconvention centerfitness roominternet accessfootball game
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed for two nights attending a conference and I was given a room in the 11th floor! The room is tidy and clean, blankets, pillows and bed are perfect! I appreciate the covered parking! The staff were nice and courteous! The food prepared for our lunch were delicious and well presented! We also have enough rooms for the breakout seasons! The salon where we had the genera session was a little tight! I hope it was bigger and has more space! Overall, it was a great experience to stay in this hotel!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
SJCGA-ExecOffice, Executive Assistant at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you Educ8mode for sharing your wonderful review with us! We're pleased to hear about your amazing experience during your conference and enjoyed our staff, guestrooms, delicious food and having covered parking. It's the little things that can make the difference between a great stay and one that is exceptional. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Shirley Rosales

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Upon arrival it is a very nice property. Nicely manicured and near a lot of the popular local attractions like: Levi Stadium and Great America. The Check-in went smoothly considering it was Friday afternoon and there was a debate event at Stanford this particular weekend so the hotel was bustling. I was greeted nicely an provided with all of the hotels amenities as I am a Gold Preferred Marriott member. I parked my car in the garage and made my way to my room. Nicely appointed, I was in the Concierge Tower with a nice view. The room showed little or no signs of wear and tear, but I felt that the bathroom was a little too small. The kind of bathroom where the door will hit you in the knees if you are sitting on the commode. Marriott provided a full set of toiletries including body wash and had wash in addition to the soap. There was a robe and slippers in the closet which I did not use, but are worth noting. The HVAC unit was bit noisy when the compressor kicked on, but I got used to that after a night or two.

Housekeeping did a nice job, but on two of the days they took the time to arrange the room back to the way you receive it when you arrive. What I mean is moving the bedside clock and taking away my comforts when I am staying here. The housekeeping leader, Socorro, was very nice to leave his inspection card and let me know that he was the reason for this. If I am staying seven nights I do not want to come home every evening and rearrange the room to my liking. After my stay you can put the clock wherever you want Socorro, but while I am paying your high costs you best leave it where I am happy, not where you think it belongs.

The restaurants in the hotel lobby are nice. Characters Sports Bar has an acceptable menu with good food, but highly overpriced. I was going to dine at Parcel 104 one night, but the barmaid totally annoyed me when I came in for a nightcap one evening, so that ended their opportunity to get any of my hard earned money.

The Marriott members breakfast is served in the Sports Bar. A nice layout with hot and cold options. Fresh fruits, juices, baked goods, coffee and more. The staff were very nice and attentive. The food looks so much better than it tastes. Bland potatoes and breakfast meats. The breads often ran out and the staff did not keep up with replenishing them. They are serious about not unlocking the door before 6am. Don't expect any flexibility here.

The concierge suite on the tenth floor opens at noon. There is a coffee maker, beverages and snacks. I did not dine in for the evening offerings, but did come in for dessert one or two nights. I don't understand why dessert did not come out before 7pm. What if someone dined early? Don't they deserve dessert too?

While I made the most of my stay and enjoyed my time here, there are a lot of other options in the area which I hope are less costly than this one. I was there for Valentines week and the rate was a bell curve around Wednesday night. The neighboring hotels had similar rates for midweek.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Resident Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hello bbbob84,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed most of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding areas where we can improve. We appreciate your business and hope you will be back to see us on your next trip. Thanks again!

Donna Chong
Resident Manager

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Convenient location not worth the terrible service. I booked for a 4 day stay, for years I have used the Marriott Downtown San Jose. Lesson learned - the two properties could not be more different in service and quality of rooms.

I am a long time Platinum member. Checked in via the app 2 days before by stay. Reserved and paid for an "executive room". Called and requested an upgraded room or a room near the Concierge lounge. Arrived and was given a room in a different tower, 2nd floor, next to the ice machine and housekeeping areas with a view (and the noise) of the service alley. I asked for water and was told it would be in the room - there was no water in the room. The AC unit in this room sounds like a washing machine on spin cycle. Opening the sliding door is not an option due to the noise from the service alley. The noise from the alley was so bad that I had to stop a conference call and reschedule due to the noise.

I am traveling with 5 male colleagues - at breakfast I mentioned my room. Every one of them had checked in after me, but were given rooms in the Concierge tower and one was upgraded to a suite. None of them has status higher than gold.

When I tried to talk to the front desk agent and manager, they said they were sorry and shrugged their shoulders. The desk agent said that the Concierge tower was "completely filled" with Platinum guests and that "all rooms are Executive Rooms". Confusing, because the 5 people I am with are silver and gold and arrived after I did. The front desk was nice enough to ask if I wanted to check out early - an odd way to address a customer service.

Lessons learned - if you choose to stay here, book the lowest priced room since per the front desk, the rooms are "all the same" (except for bed type). If you have Platinum status with Marriott - don't expect to receive the services Marriott corporate promises. If you are female, you are really out of luck!

Heading out now to buy some water...

Room Tip: If you want to be guaranteed a nice room - stay at a different hotel.
1  Thank 2CAW2
TeamMarriott, Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear 2CAW2,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel and for your comments. We sincerely apologize that you experienced difficulties during your stay with us. Our team is trained to ensure our loyal members are given the perks and upgrades they deserve, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We have shared your comments with our entire staff and we will take the appropriate action to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope you will give us a chance on your next trip to our area to show you we can do better.

Donna Chong
Resident Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Stayed here many times. Overpriced and outdated but it is a corporate preferred property. Stay at the Hyatt down the street. Was in town for corporate event and flight got delayed so they gave away my room. No calls to me or the event coordinator. There were at least 4 of us that this happened to that I knew of. Their fix: I'll get you a cab to Cupertino and you can stay at the Courtyard there. Sorry, that doesn't work.

1  Thank Jeff-Melissa G
Donna Lynn C, Resident Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Jeff,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me.

I look forward to a future opportunity to provide you and your team with an excellent stay.

Warmest Regards,

Donna Lynn Chong

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Asked for early check in, room wasn’t available until after 5pm. Had a group rate which they couldn’t or wouldn’t honor at check it, but said wasn’t an issue over the phone. Rooms are EXTREMELY small, no fridge. No complimentary coffee at lobby, they refer you to their In-Lobby Starbucks. Front desk was apathetic (at best) for requests. Maid service, although was exceptional. Typically, Marriott means a certain level of quality & service. My stay here found rock bottom, unusual with the Marriott brand.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DcoxOR
Donna Lynn C, Resident Manager at Santa Clara Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear DcoxOR,

Thank you for selecting the Santa Clara Marriott on your recent visit to the Silicon Valley area. We make every effort to fulfill early check in requests but they are based on availability. Contracted group rates have a finite amount of rooms and we apologize if there was a miscommunication at the time the reservation was made.

Refrigerators are provided upon request and complimentary coffee is provided in each guest room.

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our housekeeping services. The team works hard to provide a clean room and great customer service and we will share your comments with them.

We hope that you will provide us another opportunity to redeem ourselves and provide you with the Marriott brand of service.

Warmest Regards,