“Confusing and disappointing place”
Review of Savoy Cafe & Deli

Savoy Cafe & Deli
Ranked #12 of 580 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: USD 4 - USD 16
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Local Family run popular cafe' located in the heart of downtown SB. Serving Breakfast,Lunch, and Dinner. Free parking in front and rear. Local organic cuisine where everything is house made. Local organic coffee, wines, micro brews. Boasting SB's largest selection of tea. Over 60 items in hot and cold cases, including vegan, paleo, vegetarian, and GLUTEN FREE options abound. Award winning salad bar with 4 soups daily. House roasted meats, sandwhich bar. Dizzying array of beverages and juices. Outstanding Bakery with allergy conscious treats as well.Dog Friendly outdoor patio, with heaters and bike rack in front. Californian casual interiors with plants wood and fountains, Come as you are!
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Our family of 4 Went after seeing it on Food Network, for lunch on a Sunday.
Not a big place and overwhelmed by many food fridges and counters.
Once you understand, you have to get your food, you go from one to another because you have salad here, sandwich and warm plates there, dessert somewhere else...coffee and drinks at the bar....with lines....
Once we each got our plates, it was nothing but ordinary for over $15 per person. I had dry lasagna; breakfast plate with burnt toast....
Positive point is some organic options.
Not worth another try!

1  Thank CaroUSA

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed in hotel round corner so easy to check out this place, very clean cheap and affordable for most tastes organic we chose to eat in but to go facilities also available. You will not be disappointed by the Savoy too many things on the menu to mention just enjoy

1  Thank mickthebookie
Kathy-SavoyCafe, Owner at Savoy Cafe & Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thanks for visiting us and for the great review!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We were only in Santa Barbara for 2 nights and we visited here twice (the second morning we took a take out as we were heading to LA) The food & service is amazing! We had the citrus dipped French toast with berries, the homemade granola with berries and the pancakes and both times it didn't disappoint! Portion sizes are great and reasonably priced too. Our favourite place to eat breakfast throughout our whole trip!

1  Thank peachykeenjellybeen
Kathy-SavoyCafe, Owner at Savoy Cafe & Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank You SO much! Were so happy you enjoyed our Breakfast! Thanks for coming in :)

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I told myself I wouldn’t do it.
I was done giving in to the temptations of instant gratification. I was going to hold out for the fulfillment of a long term investment in my future happiness.
But…
One more quick taste wouldn’t hurt, right?
I wouldn’t have to enjoy all of it…just a taste.
My plate arrived, looking healthy as ever. Dressed nicely in greens, I could already anticipate the texture on my tongue.
My fork collected a little bit of everything for a bite of diversity.
As I pulled away slowly, I indulged in the clinging thread of cheese, gooey and stretchy from cheese heaven. I had to open my mouth a little wider to accommodate the oversized bite I ambitiously collected.
As I tossed it around my mouth, the balanced flavors of healthy and indulgence danced.
The Jack was so good…delicious with a hint of guilt. I’m glad I gave in. So glad…
Melissa Brown #dramaticeating

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Great selection of home-cooked food, salads, meats, vegan, paleo, somethign for everything. hot and cold food and drinks. friendly service and nice setting