New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Perfect wine tour for a special birthday” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captain Jack's Santa Barbara Tours

Captain Jack's Santa Barbara Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Wine Tasting Tour in the Santa Barbara News Press "Readers Choice Award" two years in a row.
Redmond, Washington
“Perfect wine tour for a special birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Santa Rita Hills wine tour with Captain Jack's was perfect for my birthday weekend - perfect weather, beautiful countryside, and most of all outstanding wine with a great guide. We wanted to tour wine country this year for my birthday and found this tour, four wineries focusing on Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Once our guide, Tracy, picked us up at our hotel, all we had to do was enjoy the scenery and the wine. Tracy is amazingly knowledgeable about wine and totally sweet, keeping track of all our purchases and going out of her way to accommodate us. She stopped the SUV and snapped pictures of the landscape for us, took pictures of everyone in our group and even picked a bunch of lavender for me while we were eating lunch because I mentioned how much I like lavender. She explained a lot about the various regions near Santa Barbara and wine making in general and told us about the wine culture in Santa Barbara - I wish I could describe how wonderful the whole day was, but you have to experience it for yourself. My husband and I plan to come back to Santa Barbara for our anniversary this year and plan on doing a custom tour with Tracy!

Visited December 2011

Santa Monica, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An Amazing Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Three of us signed up for the Sideways tour, and paid a little extra to make it private, because we needed to be back at the SB train station earlier than the tour ended.
We were lucky enough to get Peter as a guide. He was waiting for us (with water bottles) when our train rolled in to the station. The car/SUV was roomy and clean and newish. Peter was a safe driver, very friendly, and lots of fun. My friends and I decided partway through that we wanted to do the olive oil and vinegar tasting we had read about (as part of a different tour) on the website. Peter reconfigured our plan, so we could still hit four wine places AND do the olive oil tasting. He was accommodating but still let us know when it was time to leave one place in order to have enough leisure time at the next. He knew a good deal about wine making. And he sent us home with Tiramisu. We will definitely be back in the spring and we will be requesting Peter.

Visited December 2011
Portland, Oregon, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“50th Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I booked a private wine tour with Captain Jack. They were really helpful with the planning of the trip. Our tour guide Jens, was excellent from knowledge of the area, to the winery production differences to the differences in grapes he greatly enhanced our experience. We have been wine tasting several times in Oregon but this was truly a stress free, fantastic day to spend celebrating our parents 50th anniversary!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jason H
Newport Beach, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tour with Amazing Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We went on the Santa Ynez Valley Tour and it was great!

My boyfriend and I decided to drive up to Santa Barbara for the weekend and do some wine tasting! We were picked up on time at our hotel by our driver, Donna - and had 5 other people on our tour. We were in a very comfortable Ford Expedition and Donna was great!

We went to three wineries on this tour - Fess Parker, Shoestring and Bridlewood. I would actually say those were how I would rank them in order of favorites! We also went olive oil tasting in Los Olivos and that was great (just a little rushed because they were very crowded so had put us outside - and it was chilly!)

We enjoyed a great lunch and invited Donna to sit with us, it was so much fun to eat with the entire group. We bought a bottle of wine at Shoestring and enjoyed it at lunch.

Needless to say, we were more than a little buzzed (we had enjoyed some mimosas on the drive to the Valley) - but we couldn't have enjoyed our day any more! We even fell asleep on the ride back, but took in so many of the sites.

This tour was amazing and I would definitely recommend!

Visited November 2011
Los Angeles
“Captain Jack will get you high tonight...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Not really...We just love Billy Joel. My husband and I did the San Ysidro wine country tour this past weekend with Peter. We had the best time! Peter was relaxed and fun while being super informative and knowledgeable. We visited 3 wineries as well as doing an olive oil tasting. We fed emus and saw miniature horses! We laughed, drank and saw the most breath taking views. Peter even had an anniversary dessert sent to us while we were at lunch! Peter went above and beyond to make the experience spectacular. We can't wait to go back with our best friends! We'll absolutely be calling Captain Jack's again for another tour!!

Visited October 2011