“Nice atmosphere, okay food”
Review of Jane

Jane
Reserve with OpenTable
Jane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 585 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Jane is a family owned and operated business.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We chose this restaurant by sorting the top restaurants near our hotel, it was one of the closer ones and we were on foot. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere that seems fitting for the Santa Barbara Mission vibe. Lots of wood, iron, nice lighting, high ceilings.

We were promptly seated at a nice table (all the tables seemed in good locations - i.e. you could sit anywhere and be happy) by a very nice host. The waitress was also very pleasant, and efficient through the entire meal.

The only downside here was the food itself. I ordered the Caesar salad which was pedestrian and food-courty at best. My dining partner had the beet salad which looked better and he said it was good. I had the rack of lamb with scalloped potatoes and vegetables - the lamb was okay, scalloped potatoes were great and the vegetables okay. My dining partner ordered the steak - he said it was okay. The food just wasn't a huge standout. Everything else was nice - pleasant. The wine we had was good and I attribute it to being in a region with great wines - the waitress seemed to have good knowledgeable opinions on them.

If I had a better salad, I might give Jane 4 stars, but it was just so not great, that it's hard for me to do so. The bill also seemed expensive for what we had.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped at Jane for lunch on a trip from San Diego to Morro Bay--lots of tempting salads to choose from in a simple and understated atmosphere. The salads were fresh, dressed to perfection and a nice portion. We ordered iced tea which came with a carafe on the side for refills. All in all, a yummy stop!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I forgot the backstory but ask for and about the coconut cake, truly the best cake I’ve had in a long time.
The salad I got was good, nothing of a wow factor but fresh!
Super friendly service and upstairs is perfect for groups.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Had a great meal at Jane, very nice atmosphere and the staff was excellent. Great wine menu and overall reasonably priced dinner menu. The beet salad was disappointing as it had one beet in it sliced (maybe less than a beet, I think it had 3 or 4 slices of a beet) but it was still good, just not what I'd call a beet salad. It was busy so clearly it is a popular place.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Nice ambiance, service and location.

Steak Frites very good but the seafood stew lacked flavor and disappointing. Not sure they have a chef or a short order cook.

Won’t be back