All reviews fire pit egg and cheese breakfast provided balboa island john wayne airport pool and hot tub orange county week stay great attitude nice pool area night's sleep comfortable stay the room was nice next morning clean rooms front desk person average hotel
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Super friendly staff (front desk, drivers) with a tendency to overpromise and underdeliver. Breakfast and space to eat it is limited. I am gluten sensitive and was promised by the front desk that they would provide gluten-free bread for me in the morning. The guy making breakfast sandwiches had no idea what I was talking about the next morning. When I followed up later in the day with the front desk folks, there was an apology that they weren't able to get to it.

On the plus side, the hotel does offer shuttle service to / from the airport and shopping center. They reimbursed me for an Uber ride from the airport when they were unable to pick me up.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Scott Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send us your thoughts from your stay. I am saddened to hear of your recent encounter with our temporary breakfast accommodations provided during your stay, as I can understand that breakfast s the most important meal of the day.
Please know, I have addressed your concerns with my entire staff to ensure situations such as these are handled properly in the future. We hope you will return to stay with us once we complete construction on our soon to come breakfast room, which will host our buffet breakfast, including (but not limited to) additional gluten free options.
Again, I appreciate your time and we are hopeful to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Have a blessed day.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I was just here a few days ago! When we arrived and checked in “Marilyn” was there with a huge smile! she was very friendly although me and my mom were giving her a hard time and being rude she knew how to keep calm! At the end she was apologizing and me and my mom were just telling her no need to apologize! We apologized to her because we had a long drive and we were tired! But Marilyn was super friendly and nice unlike the other staff she was helping us out in any way that she can!
Honestly we will definitely go back!
Great experience although it was for one night only

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear branddbxwd,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites. We appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback, and I was pleased to celebrate your thoughts with Marilyn from your recent stay with us. We are excited for your return in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance. Have a blessed day!

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

The staff here is awesome!!! Ran into an issue with another online booking company and the staff here worked with me to fix it!!! I look forward to my stay! Thank you sooooo much!!!
If it were not for the time the staff took to help me, I would not be able to have my vacation. You guys are the best!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear gmestas2000,
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your thoughts. I am delighted to hear that my staff was able to accommodate your needs, as we are always looking to exceed your expectations. We look forward to many more stays with you and hope you have a blessed day!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

If you are looking for inexpensive and ok, then you found your place. Staff were helpful and kind. Breakfast was a bagel, egg and your choice of ham/sausage/bacon, plus other continental choices. Hotel is dated and furniture leaves something to be desired. Price was reasonable.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear AMFSac,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites, and for providing your feedback from that stay. We appreciate your time and thoughts and are hopeful for your return once we complete our newest upgrades to our facility. Thank you again for your time and business, have a blessed day!

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

A nice Hotel that provide quick pickup from hotel after calling for a pickup and schedule ride back to airport at the end of stay .Friendly and helpful staff . The is located a number eating establishments and close to shopping and a movie theatre .

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Dtcat,
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your thoughts from your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and interactions with our staff, and hope to have you back to stay with us sometime in the near future. Have a blessed day.