“Much better than Expected”

Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Reserved this thru PL. We where on return route to home in NJ with friends. Needed a quick lay over room. PL posted this way below its going rate. Which we of course took. Expecting to be a "Business trick" we where expecting to hear the "fine prints" upon our arrival.

First Impressions: I was driving my truck and parking deck did not have the clearance for my truck. I spoke with Parking attendant that was extremely helpful. He said < no worries and pointed out a location for me. I parked met the rest of the crew. Went in and were greeted courteous and even got assigned all rooms in the same floor. In short we had $400.00/nit for less than $100/nit. My guess that it was a construction sale. It was however the highlight of the trip. Everyone was very happy

Room Tip: Facing the Port,
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Scott Y, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites. I am pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and that my staff was able to accommodate your whole group. We strive to achieve your complete satisfaction and hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to the Orange County area. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance. Have a blessed day.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed there for 6 nights in june 2016 very fare price. Good value for money.
Very modest hotel
Staff is friendly and helpfull.
Theres a nice pool and a hot tab.
Theres a samall varaiety of food in the hotel diner .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback, and for choosing to stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites. We appreciate your time and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself. My team and I look forward to your return on your next visit to the area, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance. Have a blessed day.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We needed a place for our family of 4 to stay between an evening at Disneyland and an early morning flight out of John Wayne.
We checked in around 10:30pm, the staff was great -super friendly and accommodating of our desire of an adult beverage after a long, fun day at Disneyland! There was even a bonfire going on that we would have enjoyed had we not been so tired.

The room was clean, the fridge was cold, and the bathroom was very large.

We utilized the 5:30am shuttle, which was on time and got us to the airport in about 7 minutes. All in all, this fit the bill and would stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Scott Y, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Christine,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites on your journey back home. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you would choose to stay with us again on your next visit to the Orange County area. We appreciate your time and valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance and have a blessed day!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Hotel was great, hosted a family reunion many rooms, staff was accommodating to all of the needs of family, fire pit and pool was a hit. Breakfast bagel, juice, coffee was good start to the day, Laundry room on premise was a plus since my stay was 9 days.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Scott Y, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you so much for choosing to host your family reunion at our facility. We are so thankful to have been a part of your experience and are even more pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future, and possibly even your next family reunion. Feel free to reach out to us for any assistance, have a blessed day and thank you again!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This hotel was conveniently located near the Santa Ana/Orange County airport. The room was nice, but what was really outstanding about the facility was the customer service! Sandra (who I met at check-in) was delightful. I observed Ali (another front desk clerk) interacting with a less than pleasant guest. The entire time, he remained cordial and was really trying to do all he could to address the guest's complaints. Personally, I don't think her complaints were valid and I applaud Ali for keeping his cool. I had a rental car most of time I stayed at the hotel (6 nights) and the lines in the parking lot were quite close. But, even though the property was sold out at least a couple of the nights I was there, there were still parking spaces available. In the wee hours of the morning that we were leaving (I had returned my rental car the night before), Garrett (who was operating the front desk) informed me that the shuttle driver hadn't shown up for work, but he quickly offered to pay for a cab to take us to the airport. The pool area was nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Michelle,

Thank you so much for your delightful response, I am so pleased to hear that both your interactions with and observations of my team exceeded your expectation. Your satisfaction is our number one concern and I will be celebrating your feedback with both Garett and Ali. Our hope is to be of service again to you in the future, and we look forward to your next visit to the Orange County area. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance. Have a blessed day and thank you so much for your time.

Travellers also viewed these Santa Ana hotels
0.3 km away
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
0.3 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!