Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Hotel was great, hosted a family reunion many rooms, staff was accommodating to all of the needs of family, fire pit and pool was a hit. Breakfast bagel, juice, coffee was good start to the day, Laundry room on premise was a plus since my stay was 9 days.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Scott Y, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you so much for choosing to host your family reunion at our facility. We are so thankful to have been a part of your experience and are even more pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future, and possibly even your next family reunion. Feel free to reach out to us for any assistance, have a blessed day and thank you again!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This hotel was conveniently located near the Santa Ana/Orange County airport. The room was nice, but what was really outstanding about the facility was the customer service! Sandra (who I met at check-in) was delightful. I observed Ali (another front desk clerk) interacting with a less than pleasant guest. The entire time, he remained cordial and was really trying to do all he could to address the guest's complaints. Personally, I don't think her complaints were valid and I applaud Ali for keeping his cool. I had a rental car most of time I stayed at the hotel (6 nights) and the lines in the parking lot were quite close. But, even though the property was sold out at least a couple of the nights I was there, there were still parking spaces available. In the wee hours of the morning that we were leaving (I had returned my rental car the night before), Garrett (who was operating the front desk) informed me that the shuttle driver hadn't shown up for work, but he quickly offered to pay for a cab to take us to the airport. The pool area was nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Michelle,

Thank you so much for your delightful response, I am so pleased to hear that both your interactions with and observations of my team exceeded your expectation. Your satisfaction is our number one concern and I will be celebrating your feedback with both Garett and Ali. Our hope is to be of service again to you in the future, and we look forward to your next visit to the Orange County area. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance. Have a blessed day and thank you so much for your time.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The staff was very helpful. The room was nice and the wifi was good. The parking lot was a little challenging to work with. And if you do not go real slow when you exit to the street, you may scrap the front of your car. The free breakfast consisted only of a bagel, muffin and coffee, tea or juice. This is my first Choice hotel without a more substantial rial free breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Scott Y, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Donald,
Thank you so much for providing your feedback from your stay. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your room and the WiFi, while my staff was able to accommodate and delight you. I do apologize for the inconvenience of our driveway, however, as I do agree that it can be a challenge. We hope to have you return with us once our breakfast room is completed so you may be able to partake in our full breakfast buffet. Thank you again for your time, have a blessed day.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very up to date and serves is great Sandra is one of the front desk lady's and was very helpful on getting me a ride to airport booked and booking a room again. The rooms are very clean and the food at hotel is good also definitely recommend this hotel to people staying in the area

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Scott Y, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback on both your stay and Sandra's service. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your hopeful return sometime in the near future. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, have a blessed day!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days and 5 nights and it was a pleasant, comfortable and quiet experience. The staff are very friendly, mixing the right amount of professionalism with natural good humour. Rooms are sizeable, comfortable and clean. My only slight quibble would be the sound of the (necessary) air conditioning which was akin to a WW2 bomber in terms of noise. Food and service was overall excellent. I would recommend it as a decent option for a work stay.

Room Tip: I stayed at the back on the 3rd floor, it was nice and quiet with no disturbances from noise
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Scott Y, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback from your stay, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I have addressed your concerns with the air conditioning with my maintenance team. We will be looking to replace. Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to your return on your next business trip. Have a blessed day!

Travellers also viewed these Santa Ana hotels
0.1 km away
Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
0.3 km away
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!