“Great Coffee Place”

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Ranked #5 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Santa Ana
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

A great coffee place with good seating arrangements inside and outside the cafe.

This place offers great pastries as well.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Starbucks' coffee always tastes bitter or burned to me so I was delighted when The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf opened up at the mall. All of their coffee choices are great and I especially like the variety of sweets that seem to have fewer calories than those offered at Starbucks...especially the vanilla bean scone. There are also various types of chai teas which I am enjoying. The sales people are usually young and well-trained on how to interact with the customers. I always stop at this store to pick up a cup of coffee while I am shopping.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Just outside of Macy's on the upper level. I personally like the iced tea but they have all the usual items. Staff was quick but not friendly.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I ordered Vanilla soy latte with hazelnut,but i was given a different one, since i can't wait another five minutes, i couldn't be bothered,just took it. I'm happy with the service, the person was very polite and friendly. There is a section for milk, sugar, etc,etc self service. But, there's no soy milk, actually,they keep it inside, you need to ask for it.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

There is nothing worse than having someone making the coffees who apparently has no idea what they are doing. I ordered a latte and when it was served up to me there was half a cup of coffee and half a cup of foam. Hello. LATTE. I took the cup back and was accused by the female masking the coffees of already drinking half the cup. I told her I had taken all the foam out. She very rudely heated up some more milk, filled the cup three quarters and then put more foam in it. When I told her it was a latte, not a cappuccino, she very rudely told me that's how it was made. WRONG. Got to get some good staff who know what they are doing.