“underwhelming”

Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Chef Luis Perez and the kitchen team combine flavors of Mexico & California and present them artfully in a setting that will take your breathe away. Delivery available online at GRUBHUB & POSTMATES. Open Every Day at 5pm. Bar open Late on Weekends Walk -Ins Only
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Did not enjoy Lola Gaspar. Had the mushroom tacos, the churro, and chips and guac. The drinks were good, but the food was not very tasty at all. Would not recommend, especially not in search of good Mexican. The restaurant is also too dark.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Well we came here for the farmers market in downtown Santa Ana but since we got here at the last minute everything was wrapping up. So we decided to check out Lola Gaspar and I think we made the right decision eating here. We had the half pound steak asada with chips and guacamole side of refried beans and a grilled corn. And we washed it down with the delicious mixed drink that was called "always Sunday" I think. I can't wait to go back and try the grouper tacos everybody was ordering them and they look delicious

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I got a rare dinner alone and decided to try Lola Gaspar. The restaurant is cool with a long bar, lots of nook tables, and an outside eating area. We had some aquavit cocktails and several small plates, including shrimp and chorizo tacos, Spanish octopus, and guacamole and chips. Everything was well prepared and tasty. Service was nice, but a bit slow. I think they need need more waiters. Not a family restaurant, but a great date spot. I will go back.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Place is cozy and friendly, could use more servers. The food is fresh and the drinks are good but could use better selection of wines. Tacos are yummy and very well done. Bread pudding is great. I like it so much I will go back.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I tried to make a reservation for 3 people, but on Saturday's Lola Gaspar's does not take reservations. We decided to walk in early before the first set arrives. We got there at about 6PM and there were no tables other than the patio. Which was fine. The waiter later found a nook inside that could sit us. The food was still great from when we remembered the last we had dinner here. Bacon covered dates with blue cheese, octopus, grouper tacos, braised taquitos and the mussels. The mussels were great for cold weather, having a bit of heat from the jalapenos. My son also ordered the cheeseburger, which lasted only 3 minutes with his appetite. He was pretty focused on the burger, meaning it was that good.
Overall experience this time was excellent.

Date of visit: March 2017