All reviews son's wedding valley ranch cottage guests property microwave
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I visited Wonder Valley Ranch Resort with a group on a Christmas holiday tour. I cannot speak more highly of the staff! Friendly, helpful, always smiling, and wanting to do anything they can to make your stay wonderful. Rooms were spacious (#126), beds comfy, clean, lots of storage space for unpacking clothes while there. Setting is gorgeous and grounds well-maintained, lovely walking paths throughout the venue. Loved the horseback ride and the horse-drawn hayride. Food was outstanding and abundant! Small gift shop had a nice selection of items, the magic show was really fun and I don't generally like magic shows! The staff put on a delightful show at our Christmas Day dinner - they have some really good singers! Since it was winter, the pool and hot tub were closed, but there are a multiplicity of things to do - I ran out of time to take advantage of everything available. I was sorry I missed the chance to go kayaking on the small lake at the center, but it was gorgeous, with a fountain in the lake, a gazebo, and a beautiful small garden to meditate in or just walk and enjoy the flowers. Would love to come back again and just relax there!

Room Tip: Buildings are single story. Noise not an issue (except for HVAC system!). Didn't see inside of cottages, but they look cute.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Cheryl F
Reviewed 30 January 2017

We were here for my son's wedding in January. We were staying in one of the cabins, it was nice and clean. We probably had about 10-15 rooms booked for our party, would of been nice if we had all been in the same area. The buffet breakfast was okay, nothing to spectacular. The ground were beautiful and due to all the rain, very green and just amazing. This was an outdoor wedding and because of the heavy rains the seating area was exceptionally muddy, were the mother's of the bride and groom, I wish they would of put something under the chairs. They were sinking into the muddy lawn and it was pretty difficult trying to keep my dress out of the mud. But all an all everything went really well from the rehearsal dinner to the reception. We really have no complaints, it was a wonderful weekend.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Gena B, Director of Sales at Wonder Valley Ranch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

We are happy to hear you had a great time with us. Sorry about the mud; this rain has been a blessing, but has also caused some issues. I will forward your review so our wedding department is aware. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

The cabins were not very nice. Think Super 8 with nice view. Beautiful grounds with lake and gazebo. Nice pool area but closed in Nov and kids enjoyed trampoline area. Meals were very good. Food great. Wedding area was very nice and professional. Rooms were only complaint.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for the review and glad you enjoyed your stay. We are currently updating our rooms. Come back and see the new changes.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

What an amazing place . There has to be 75 acres of fun here. We only had a day and a half here and that was not long enough. This is a fun place for all ages. We got to know jen doll from the resort who was with us at king's canyon and sequoia. She was a delight. The staff was wonderful and the food delicious.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Gena B, Director of Sales at Wonder Valley Ranch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

We wish you could stay longer too. Thank you for the great review and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

When my wife and I decided to plan a trip to Sequoia National Forest I searched for an out of the ordinary hotel and happen to find Wonder Valley Ranch. My wife and I were amazed as we drove through the California Mountains and passed through small Towns along the way through Squaw Valley. Arriving in late afternoon after a 5 hour drive from Ventura the automatic gates open to welcome us to a beautiful peaceful setting nestled among the Trees. The hotel Staff, Rube, Maria Stephanie, the Chef Mateo went overboard to make our stay something to remember. This hotel accommodates, Weddings, Business conventions and Family and friends or if you just want to get away from the hassle of every day life and not have to deal with crowded hotels this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake of If you prefer that do have cabins.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the kind words. Please come back to see us again soon.