“OUTSTANDING FOOD & SERVICE!”

Manta Rey Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in San Simeon
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Spent 2 nights just this past weekend in San Simeon. I must say that the experience I had at the Manta Rey restaurant surpassed my expectations. The food was wonderful! I ordered the Sea Bass, not only was it considerably less money than Sea Bass in the better restaurants in Cambria and/or Morro Bay (not counting SoCal!) It was prepared beautifully. And the lemon cheesecake.....a local speciality, wow! All in all, for $35.00 (wine excluded) it was a very lovely meal. Probably the best in San Simeon.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Mark L

Reviewed 7 November 2018

had calamari and deep fried artichoke hearts for the appetizers the chokes were good the calamari was to die for, tender and delicious. for the main course I had the sea bass it was cooked to near perfection, when you add in the creamy sauce with capers again perfection. this place didn't look like much but WOW!!! what a surprise.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank 689jerryw
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

We read the reviews and decided to try Manta Rey on our visit to San Simeon. My wife ordered Alfredo and bay shrimp; there were a ridiculous number of shrimp in her meal and she had to give me many. I had the sea food pasta and it was excellent too. We were given two fresh hot sourdough buns with butter before our entrees arrived. The service was great; we never had to ask to get more water and the waitress actually anticipated that my wife wanted more hot water for her tea - that never happens!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Sudoku497
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Food had no taste and is extremely expensive! Definitely won’t recommend to eat here. We had the fillet, alfredo pasta and clam chowder. All 3 of these dishes were just bland.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

This restaurant is part of the Comfort Inn in San Simeon. It is typical of a chain hotel restaurant in appearance. When we were there it was decorated heavily for Halloween. My husband had read good reviews on the food, and we were not disappointed. I had the seared ahi tuna and he had the shrimp and we both thought our meals were outstanding. We had inquired about the early bird because we had seen it mentioned in their online menu. But they said they were no longer doing it and offered a 10% discount on our check instead, which was nice.

Date of visit: September 2018