“Very nice place.”

Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in San Simeon
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had a very nice dinner here. Definitely a step up compared to other places in town. The service was good as was the view. Wine prices were very reasonable and our meal was prepared perfectly.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Despite the good luck I’ve had with Trip Advisor reviews, I was skeptical about this place. I mean, seriously, who ever heard of a high end restaurant at a (no offense intended here, I’m a Choice Hotels member) Quality Inn?

Great service, ambience and food. The sea bass with lobster crust was wonderful and the blackened salmon Caesar was equally delightful.

1  Thank Gary R
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Had dinner while staying next door at the Quality Inn. Service and food were excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Such a nice find...........off the beaten track. It was recommended by owners of a Paso Robles Winery.
VERY good food; Nice simpe atmosphere. Well priced. We'll be back!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We visited Manta Ray for supper whikst staying in San Simeon. It was empty on our arrival, so no atmosphere and the staff scrambled to compose themselves and look professional. We were shown a table and handed a menu, which was very fishy - as we expected plus steaks too. I chose the special Beef Strogonoff which was delicious and my husband enjoyed his sand dabs after a small cup'of clam chowder. It was all delicious and reasonably priced. We wished for some atmosphere, and left straight after supper. Good food and worth a visit.