“mmm Mole Sauce”

Los Moles Hecho En Casa
Ranked #23 of 239 Restaurants in San Rafael
Reviewed 11 November 2016

For lunch I had a chicken burrito with the mole poblano sauce; I had asked the waiter what kind of mole sauce I should eat with it, he said mole poblano over the top of the burrito. Delicious and huge, it is 3 meals for me. My partner had carnitas don padre burrito with mole mama luisa over the top of the burrito, and also enjoyed it very much with a IPA beer. He too took home a portion of his burrito. There is a ceramic water container on the table, and sliced limes so you can drink water and lime, good balance to the burrito. If you sit in the front room, all the windows were open like you were in an open cafe! Street parking and parking lots nearby. Will return.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Great Atmosphere in this little restaurant. We had their complimentary chips and salsa, none of which were really that good. We ordered a pitcher of house margaritas, and left half of it on the table. Service was SLOW. We ordered chicken nachos and chicken quesadilla. HUGE portions and delicious. But if you're looking for generous portions of really good, reasonably priced, Mexican food in a laid back atmosphere, this is the place for you! They have an all you can eat buffet Saturday's and Sunday's for just $17 and Taco Tuesday's all you can eat tacos for just $12!

Reviewed 21 September 2016

This place is as authentic as they come. We enjoyed the buffet, which consists of choices of salad, moles (about 6 to choose from), menudo, pozole, carnitas, cochinita pibil, desserts, café de olla & cinnamon tea. I believe buffets are only offered on Sundays. We enjoyed all the food and the décor gives you that homey feeling. The staff is very friendly & attentive when items in the buffet were running out.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Los Moles Hecho En Casa (translation: home made Mole) is a combination of muy authentico and made for Americans, Mexican decor. I admit I was looking for a quick taco and this place is a sit down place. It is a popular dining spot. Lots of conversation and fairly loud background Mexican music. My wife and I did not try their signature Moles. I had tacos al pastor, which were quite good. They had a hint of pineapple in them, something I have tasted at El Patron, a popular Chicago taqueria. There were three types of home made salsa on the tables, all delicious. Two of the salsas were quite hot, just fine with me. The service was good, in spite of my impatience. I was in a hurry and needed something fast. It was not their fault that is not a fast taco stand. The most exciting thing about this place is the small women, looking like they have just been transported from a Oaxacan village, busily making tortillas on an old fashioned hand press.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Eat here on 20 June. I passed thru town and found this restaurant by chance and I was in somewhat of a hurry to get to SFO and catch a plane. So I didn't want the normal slow place restaurant and decided here was the place. Wow was I fortunate. Walked in the door and seated immediately, ice tea on the table fast too. The burrito came and although I had expected some small size burrito"due to reasonable price" it was huge. Not only that it was the best burrito I have ever had. Hats off the the staff, cook and all the others who works here. Give these guys your next Mexican outing, you'll be surprised and so will your wallet. Great atmosphere, plenty of tables, separate room too. Just down right great place.

Thank You!