“Best Cobb Salad ANYWHERE - come with cash!”

Theresa & Johnny's Comfort Food
Ranked #7 of 247 Restaurants in San Rafael
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 September 2017

T&Js is a wonderful place for lunch, breakfast, brunch. It's a funky place inside with mis-matched tables, stuff on the walls etc. It's also a locals hangout (we're locals).

Before you read any further though, know that it is CASH ONLY - be sure that you hit the ATM before you come on in!

I have yet to find a Cobb salad that beats T&J's. I'm not kidding. I've tried. ;-) It's huge, too - often I bring home 1/2 of it for dinner. It has a whole freshly-grilled boneless chicken breast on the top, real blue cheese, crispy bacon, etc. Really - honestly - it's the best I have had ANYWHERE and, being in the biz I am, I order a LOT of Cobb salads ;-)

The also have great sandwiches (Monte Cristo, Reubens on the hot side, then egg salad, etc. on the cold), burgers, and the like if you're not a salad person (though the Cobb might convert you...)

That said, they also have GREAT breakfast food - crispy french toast, homemade biscuits, sausage and gravy, creamy oatmeal with apples and walnuts, a ton of "Benedicts," a huge breakfast burrito....

Just go give it a try! :-) But don't forget to hit the ATM beforehand! :-)

Reviewed 31 August 2017

This great spot has been here since 1947! Wow! What a gem...local folks coming in for good eats, served to order perfectly by very friendly staff. My hubby loved his veggie scramble and my florentine benedict was perfect. A piquant sauce that went so well with the spinach and the potatoes! No need to eat lunch today for either of us! Very generous portions and very, very tasty food! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We were driving through from San Francisco to Napa and were hungry, got off at a random exit and we're so pleasantly surprised to find this gem!! Saw a large crowd outside and figured must be good... GOOD IT WAS!!! Tuna melt was off the charts, the great breakfast burrito was more then filling and exquisite, the ginger peach french toast was superb!!! SERVICE WAS TOP NOTCH... and decor super cute and unique!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We ate brunch outside on a most pleasant day. The eggs were perfectly presented and delicious. The sun was warm. There was a lot of activity on the street.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We came for Breakfast mid-week, mid-morning. This place has a steady stream of customers, and once you visit, you can see why. The wait staff is casual, but very efficient and attentive. They don't miss a beat. Above par for what you might expect in this type of local diner. Food was tasty, modifications handled cheerfully and correctly. Healthy portions too.

Would definitely return the next time I'm in the area.