“Very Pleased!”

North Bay San Rafael
North Bay San Rafael
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Was a small motel that offered everything we needed.....especially peace and quiet! It was very clean and fresh. Bed was very comfortable and plenty of pillows. Small continental breakfast was enough to tide you over for a bigger lunch. Close to everything we wanted to do - San Fran, Santa Rosa and the like. If we go out that way again, will likely be inclined to stay here again.

Room Tip: Very quiet and comfortable. Easy access for travel.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teri W

Reviewed 25 October 2016

The room was clean although it was questionable if the bed sheets were changed. One of the days our bed wasn't even made. Nothing fancy but we weren't expecting much. A lot better priced than hotels in San Francisco

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2016

My daughter & I stayed here for 1 night over Labor Day weekend...staff was very accommodating & friendly, but we had to ask for a second set of towels. Room was relatively clean, but no literature in the room to tell how to run anything or even a TV guide, or information on local sites. Only 1 tiny garbage can for the whole room. We were only given less than a quarter inch of toilet paper on the bathroom roll in the bathroom with no addl roll. A kleenex dispenser, but no kleenex. The outlet by the vanity was black where something had definitely shorted out, so we didn't use that one. Blow dryer was broken. Furniture was scratched & chipped, needed to be replaced. Couldn't figure out how to make the shower work. :-( Bed was super soft & comfy, but there was a small blood stain on the top mattress near the bottom. (??) AC worked great. When we went down for breakfast, they had a real nifty coffee maker that make expressos...a good selection of juice, danish, muffins & yogurt. They had a variety of cold cereal, but no milk. :-( Ice machine was clear at the end of the driveway in a unlit location..:-( For $144 a night, the amenities could have been better. The good side was it was within walking distance of a great organic coffee shop, gas station & really nice restaurant & bar.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Muffin3
Reviewed 20 September 2016

We made our reservations in May, 2016. We didn't have a lot of choices in this area because rooms at the better motels/hotels were already booked for these dates. I read the reviews and chose this place because it sounded like the best available at the time. After reading the most current reviews, I have to agree with most of the newer ones. We were there from Sept. 15-Sept. 19, 2016. This motel is RIGHT off Highway 101, so you got all the highway noise in your room. When we checked in, the lady manager informed us that our room was on the second floor and there was no elevator. We are both 70, not invalids by any means, but that was a few long trips up those stairs with all of our suitcases! I am a very early riser and there was no lobby for me to go to each morning to read until my husband woke up, so he had to put up with a light on in the bedroom/sitting area. The manager had also told us at check in that breakfast, and I use that word loosely, was available in the office from 6:30-9:30. Friday morning I went to the office at 8:00 to get coffee for me and juice for my husband. There were several, prewrapped sweet rolls and blueberry muffins, 6 granola bars, two small bottles of fruit juice, one small box of corn flakes, and coffee, tea and hot chocolate choices. The next day I went earlier - there was no juice at all. The third day, I went down there at 6:30, then 7:00, but the door to the office was locked. When I went back at 7:30, it was finally open. There was only apple juice or grape juice, so I dinged the bell on the desk 3 times before the lady came out. I asked her if I could get some orange juice, she said no, and went back behind her closed door! Also, our last night, I went down to the office at 8:00 P.M. to ask for change so we could leave a tip for the maid service. Once again, the office was locked. There is free Wifi in the rooms, but no computer service to guests for printing out boarding passes. I have to look up our credit card statement to see what we paid for this motel room, but whatever it was, it was too much!

Room Tip: Not sure, since we only have stayed here the one time ... and we won't be going back to this pla...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sherry L
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

The manager was very nice and accommodating and we appreciated it. Our AC didn't work and she gave us another room to sleep in and not have to move our belongings! Thank you! If we return to the area, we would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
3.6 km away
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera

Been to North Bay San Rafael? Share your experiences!