“Really great food and interesting decor”
Review of LaVier Cusine

LaVier Cusine
Reserve with OpenTable
LaVier Cusine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 239 Restaurants in San Rafael
Description: Bienvenido a LaVier Latin Fusion restaurant & catering! Marin's most authentic, homemade Latin Fusion cuisine in a tranquil environment. Come see our extensive menu & enjoy a unique & aesthetic latin-inspired meal for lunch or dinner!
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I love chile relleno so had to try them here. They were really good, lots of vegetables in the stuffing, not overly greasy from too much cheese. I will be back - so many great looking choices on the menu.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

A great place for dinner in San Rafael, California. The food is very fresh and the dishes are of a Latin mix. Dined there several times and cannot go wrong starting with the Oaxacan Chees Sticks. Other dishes I've personally tried are: Beef Asado, Puffy Fish Tacos, Ropa Vieja and for desert the plantains served with ice cream which remind me of Bananas Foster. Dinner for two with a couple of drinks (beer and wine only) should run around $70 before tip.

One thing to bear in mind and that is IF you park in the lot across the street, be sure to hide all your personal belongings in the trunk because there are a lot of "smash and grab" auto burglaries (I am a victim of one of those).

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Who would have thought it? Want curry? Go to an Indian or a Thai restaurant. Out of curiosity and because the restaurant came highly recommended, I decided to see what a Latino approach would add to this staple of my dining. Coconut Chicken Curry was seasoned just right and contained chicken thigh meat, potatoes, carrots, sweet peppers and rice, cilantro, and a portion that I, a hearty eater, could not finish. At home, the next day, the remainder made an excellent light lunch. All for $15! Better than the Panang curries that I am used to ordering at excellent Thai restaurants. This was a reminder to me of the kind of individual touch that I've experienced in the smaller restaurants of Italy, where food is cooked to order, with relish and pride. Before the curry, I had platings and salad. Wonderful! The servings are generous. The surroundings are lovely, and the co-owner answered our questions and took obvious and justified pride in her restaurant. The plants and furnishing provided a warm and cozy setting and service was excellent. We went by reservation with another couple on a Wednesday evening and found parking in a city lot across the street. My wife loved her appetizer taquitos. The menu choices were extensive. This restaurant is a jewel.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

LaVier has really hit their stride. The food is fresh, flavorful and beautiful. Prices are reasonable and service is right on. We'll be back.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Although LaVier has been in San Rafael for just over a year, I just discovered it about 6 weeks ago, as it is tucked away on C Street, between 4th and 5th streets.. The food is delicious, the menu is extensive, the service is great and the ambience is terrific. As far as items not to miss, I recommend the tamarindo juice, the crab enchiladas and the corn canoe with shrimp appetizer. Don’t miss this spot. I’m sure you will love it.