“Delicious Food and a staff that makes you feel at home.”
Review of Charlie's Taqueria

Charlie's Taqueria
Ranked #127 of 449 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I love Charlie's. It is always filled with friendly faces and the smell of delicious of food. The staff is makes you feel at home. The salsa bar is great, but my favorite are the jalapeño pickled carrots. Favorite dish is the shrimp enchilada combo plate. The chimichangas are HUGE. Other favorites...shrimp cocktail and Chile verde.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Order at the counter, go to self-serve chip & salsa bar, & pick a table. Very casual, lot of solo local workmen @ lunch. Beer, soda.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

I love this place! The food is excellent, a buffet salsa and nachos bar, and extensive menu of all the mexican favorites. There are lovely painted murals on the walls, and high chair available for little kids. This is a very authentic Mexi-restaurant, and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

While visiting the Bay Area, we stayed in San Mateo. We wanted to find a nice sit-down place that served good Mexican food. This place was pretty good. Its a little bit outside of Downtown San Mateo. Wife had asada tacos. I had the Asada Super Burrito. Baby had the chesse quesadia. All plates were big and really great flavor. Food came out fast. Staff was friendly. Overall would recommend.

Reviewed 2 January 2016

I was at this place a couple of weeks ago, I ordered a wet burrito and when I got it the burrito wasn't wet, they barely put a few drops of the sauce they use to make it a wet burrito, so I asked one of the cashiers if I could get a little more sauce, she took it to the cook and he got mad, started swearing and put so much sauce on the burrito that I couldn,t even eat it .
I will NOT go back to that place again!!