“Hot and Fresh Thai food in San Mateo”
Review of Charm Thai Eatery

Charm Thai Eatery
Ranked #29 of 450 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Charm Thai is a hidden gem in San Mateo! Great service, awesome food at reasonable prices. Parking can be tough though. We had to park a block away in a 2 hour zone in a residential area.

It’s a small place with maybe a dozen tables. Good selection and variety. House chef specials were $14 while regular dishes were $10. Food was served hot and fresh. The servers came around frequently to solicit feedback and if all was good. I found this a rarity in a place which was packed around 7.30 pm on a Friday

I would highly recommend this restaurant and will visit again.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Why would I want to tie a bow around this restaurant? Because eating there is a gift for the palate. It is a well appointed little place, but their food speaks loudly. We’ve never had anything not super delicious, and we always enjoy ourselves. Whenever we want to be certain that our dinner will be just wonderful, it’s Charm Thai Eatery

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Some of the decor looks like it was created in astronomy class, but it works. And who cares, anyway? Everything else about this restaurant is absolutely stellar. Each one of their dishes is just superb, and their sauces are perfection. The service is friendly and simple and the parking is iffy, but is so worth it. Because Charm Thai is a charmer

Reviewed 12 October 2017

After a long trip from Japan, my fried took me to this restaurant. Usually, I am not hungry after the long trip and have less appetite. Just I want is a bottle of a bear. However, this restaurant does not serve any alcohol, but good meals.

I took a spicy rice noodle which was very good and easily digested. The waitress was kind and has good service skill.

Though the restaurant was small (tiny), it was clean and the service is quick.
Now let's go there with your family, friends.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

So without TripAdvisor I wouldn't have found this little gem. Was staying in San Mateo and fancied Thai food. Even driving down El Camino I don't think you'd notice this.
Small restaurant with simple wooden tables but the food is very good. I had the Tom Yum soup which was excellent - sweet without being too spicy. I followed that with the Pad pe seafood from the chef's favourite section. very tasty.
My only complaint, and often the case when I'm eating in America, is that I would like my entree to come after I have finished my starter not while I'm still eating it!!
Otherwise no complaints and would like to try more from the menu.