Vagabond Inn San Luis Obispo
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
USD 129
USD 123
USD 295
USD 265
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Sands Inn & Suites(San Luis Obispo)
USD 134
USD 121
USD 209
USD 183
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
USD 224
USD 216
Rose Garden Inn(San Luis Obispo)
USD 166
USD 146
USD 230
USD 212
USD 237
Hampton.com
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
USD 134
USD 129
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
USD 263
USD 253
All reviewspool and jacuzzilarge roomstayed one nightralphshairdryerratesironconveniencemission
Reviewed 27 July 2016

For the price ($95), we expected more, especially as it's advertised. The "continental breakfast" was limited to some coffee, juice and packaged danishes and muffins. Although they did offer a 20% discount at the Denny's next door. The staff was friendly. The room itself was clean, but very dated. Linens were scratchy and pillows not great. There is free Wifi but it didn't work well. The location is good for it's proximity to Cal Poly SLO.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room--you can hear everything from the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

The Vega Bond is a quaint Motel. You're not going to find fancy furniture or plush decor, or a large continental breakfast. some of the things that make me very satisfied with this place, are the rooms. They were very clean, and they had a pleasant smell. The bathrooms were very clean and the staff were pleasant and very helpful during our stay. I was leery considering some of the negative comments about dirty rooms smells and bad carpet but once I checked into room 107 I was astonished by clean smells and the cleanliness and the Comfort level of the hotel. It's in now way a fancy hotel but I will be staying here when i return to san louis obispo, ca! Keep up the good work staff. Overall the only negative is how they advertise for breakfast but they redeem themselves by receiving 20% off at the local Denny's restaurant, which happens to be one of the nicer and well maintain Denny's I've seen. :-)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
101respond, Guest Relations Manager at Vagabond Inn San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay here at the Vagabond Inn in San Luis Obispo,
we are glad to read you found the rooms clean and comfortable and the hotel staff accomadating to your needs, all guest suggestions are noted.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We overpaid for this hotel. I knew it wasn't going to be a nice hotel, but for $96 with taxes (through hotels.com)...I expected a little more. Barely anything on the walls, some unidentified insect in the bathroom that luckily my husband got to before I saw it, old style comforters that don't get washed after each rental, and a really sorry excuse for a breakfast didn't seem worth the almost $100. The best things about the place was the very friendly and capable male college student working the front desk who checked us in and the fact that it wasn't too far of a drive to Cal poly (just one freeway exit). Honestly, they would do themselves a favor by not advertising that they have breakfast. Then the plain red apples, pre-packaged processed muffins and juice would seem like "extra touches". I would have given it a middle-of-the-road rating of 3-stars if they used washable bedspreads or if they really actually had a breakfast. I don't think this hotel Is worth more than $70/night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Ztravelmonkey,

Thank you for your recent stay here, please know we appreciate and note all guest commnents as they help us in improving.
Thank you.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We chose this over Motel 6 because they advertised a continental breakfast. However, just packaged muffins are offered and nothing is out early. At 8:00 a guest had to ask them to put out coffee. The rooms are adequate but old, but no way justified by the prices.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

This place was a bit less expensive than other nearby hotels but had the kind of perks that made my stay special. While it wasn't fancy, it was clean and the staff went out of their way to make my trip nice. Not sure why my key card kept not working but each time I was unable to get into my room, they swiftly recoded my dysfunctional cards. Their rooms included a coffee maker and decent but not great ground coffee plus they use paper, not Styrofoam cups. I don't believe they have elevators but it was quier in the second floor and the view was nice. Their continental breakfast was also okay, but nothing to get excited about. I enjoyed their deep cool and crystal clear pool too. If I paid a lot more I would not have been thrilled but for the price I paid, it was really nice.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Vagabond Inn in San Luis Obispo, we are glad to hear you found the staff accomadating to your requests and enjoyed the pool as well,
also glad to read you found the rates budget friendly compared to the upscale hotel rates, we look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the near future.

Thank you.