1,853 results
All reviews rock shower copper cafe themed rooms over the top caveman room rock walls different theme pink champagne cake gold rush steakhouse kona rock heated toilet seat men's restroom love nest filet mignon one of a kind bucket list dance floor
Reviewed 29 May 2015

The Madonna Inn is one of those places you have to stay at least once. I've been to SLO many times and finally decided to stay at the Madonna. Can you say "over the top"?! We stayed in a 50's themed room which was very comfortable and clean. Generous sized room with lots of storage space. Sadly, no patio w/ fireplace out back, like the rooms on either side. The only negative thing about the room was the noise from the room next door. Not sure why, but we could hear them talking like they were right there...maybe they had opened their side of the adjoining room door? Thankfully, they went out and I was asleep by the time they returned. The pool area was beautiful and the Jacuzzi so relaxing. We had dinner in the café, which was only so-so, for the price. I would definitely stay there again, in another room and head into SLO for dinner.

Room tip: The outdoor patio/fireplace rooms looked very nice.
Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank r0adtripper62
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

I've always been curious of this place and finally made my way up to SLO. There wasn't many to choose from so we picked "Golfers" room 119. Yes it's a "handicap room" but totally not the vibe and also has a private outdoor patio with fireplace which was great!

Surprisingly very clean and well kept. The photos don't do it justice. Loved the pool (heated!!!) and the two hot tubs were great and open until 11.

Didn't dine there but had a cup of coffee before we departed at the cafe. All in all, great experience but wouldn't stay there for more than 2 nights! Novelty

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JewDontKnow
Reviewed 27 May 2015

My kids (age 10 & 14) talked me into booking a room here for a night during a CA road trip. I am so glad I listened to them! The hotel was in a very convenient location and had lots of amenities - but the real draw for us was the eclectic, kitschy, over-the-top décor in our room!! We had a working water wheel in our room! It was called the Old Mill room I think.... We loved the creative mix of furnishings, wall-coverings, light fixtures etc. In addition to the ultra-groovy décor, the hotel offers a top notch outdoor pool with two Jacuzzis next to the spa. The view was gorgeous. The hotel is next to the bike path into town with bikes available - we didn't get to do this on our short stay, but hope to return soon. The room we stayed in was older, but the bathroom was updated and there was a flat-screen tv in our room, and everything was clean.

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank BettyJBaker

My wife and i stopped over for one night and stayed in The Caveman Suite,
What an experience, it was just like being in a cave with the shower coming at you through rocks and the same with the sink, the room had a running waterfall, great fun.
We ate in the restaurant which was fantastic, food was delicious and plentiful and the service was excellent,

Room tip: Caveman, great fun, but there are others equally as good,
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2015

We live in the South Bay and were heading to SoCal, so SLO was a great stopping point for our afternoon departure time. The Madonna Inn was fun, and we would stop there again. However, we found that our room (Harvard Square) was getting old and worn (carpet, furniture, drapes, etc). The cool pics on the website must have been taken years ago by a great photographer... Fun for the experience, very convenient for travel, but not a place to stay more than one night. Breakfast at the restaurant was great but pricey.

Room tip: You are right beside 101, so not sure how to get a quiet room there. I could hear traffic through the night from "Harvard Square".
1  Thank TravelingDrek