I stayed at this hotel as part of a road trip in March 2012. The hotel is exactly what I would expect from an HEI, they are generally very similar. The staff were exceptionally nice at this location though. The hotel itself is a bit older, could use some touch-ups. The furniture was also a little dated and the bed was a little stiff but I still slept quite comfortably. The bathrooms were a little older but were fine.
The front elevator seemed to have some smell of fumigation or something but there was not notice about it. They should communicate something like that to guests, at least in the form of a note. Anyway, we took the elevator in the back which was fine.
The hotel provided a check-in gift for Priority Club members which was really nice (snacks/drinks). The location isnt bad. There's some restaurants across the street but there's more a short drive away. The breakfast was good, standard at every HEI. The breakfast area was large and more comfortable than many HEI's that I have been to. There was also a pool/spa outside which looked nice although I didnt get to use it. The wifi worked good.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for short stays, business travelers, visiting family/friends, and road trippers. It's not a resort, but it's not resort pricing either. It's simple and inexpensive and includes everything you need, including comfortable rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel at San Luis Obispo is the area's closest hotel to California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly). Enjoy the best of small town charm surrounded by the unrivaled natural beauty of the Central Coast - from the historic Mission in downtown San Luis Obispo, to the colorful shops, restaurants, wineries, hiking, and beaches. The rustic neighboring communities of Cambria, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach and Paso Robles are just a short drive away. Our hotel offers a relaxing getaway with newly renovated, spacious rooms and suites featuring refrigerators, bath robes, and amenities to make you feel at home! Enjoy our complimentary deluxe full American breakfast. AAA approved, 3-Diamond rating. Come hop the trolley this Thursday to our weekly, regionally-famed, Farmer's Market. You will find an extensive selection of fresh produce, BBQ & live music! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Holiday Inn San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Holiday Inn