All reviews waffles room was clean boiled eggs waffle maker cal poly cleaning staff within walking distance place to sleep close to downtown would stay here again road trip downtown slo jayne cereal
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed here on 21st September, Thursday so we could visit their famous Farmers Market. It starts at 6pm and features stalls full of organic local fruits and vegetables. Also amazing barbecued ribs. There are live bands playing and the whole od downtown SLO has a party atmosphere.
We caught the trolley bus outside our motel, just 50 cents each way. It saved us a 20 minute walk, uphill on the way back.
We had a problem with our air conditioning unit not working, the maintenance man was excellent. Although he couldn't fix the problem, we had a new free standing fan in our room when we returned from the market, well done!
The swimming pool was rather cold but the hot tub was very relaxing with lots of clean towels available.
Breakfast was filling with hot waffles, cereal, fruit and muffins. It set us up for our road trip to Monterey.

Room Tip: Lovely view of the hills from most rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the reasonable price so glad we did. The rooms were. Clean snd comfortable. The price for the area was in our budget and iI felt like I got s great deal. Other more expensive places do not have anything on this inn. Close to everything snd staff was great.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank David Swearengi... S
Reviewed 30 August 2017

First night ok skipped a day and came back. First they double the price to a huge amount on fri and sat. I guess that's common in that town but whew ...I probably would stay near on a fri and Sat if given a choice. There were so many things wrong that it sounds like it couldn't be real. Belive me it was. Check about 9PM realized later we had very little TP to make it thru the night or AM then went to brush teeth look no cups. Wanted some ice and no liner for ice bucket (health hazard) .. Had to call office they did bring cups and TP to r room. No I am sorry sent a kid to deliver. Then I had to iron something noticed rolls of dust on the one wall. Thought I was seeing things ...The looked around in 2 different spots there were large cob webs >>.. I went to turn on the lamp by bed there was a piece of fabric that was sitting on the lamp base..Who left that there ? By this time I was feeling pretty creepy but oh so tired. Fell asleep Brought all this to the attention of the front desk and he just looked at me. I was nice about it so maybe he didn't think I was mad enough ? He never uttered one word no I am sorry can I make it up to u or anything. Didn't have time to hash it out so left. I called a week later when I got home. Talked to manager she did say she was sorry and issued me not even half of the first day off for a refund. Stating it was too difficult to get a full refund for that day since I booked thru hotels. com REALLY ? so word to wise use caution and not sure that's true about hotels .com It did however take a long time to be issued credit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterpanjaffray
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My family researched a place to stay in San Luis Obispo. Hotels' prices are very inflated. Even for Super 6 and Super 8!!
We stayed at the Inn at the San Luis Obispo. What a rip off!!
Two double beds. One of them, the bed's cover had blood stains. We didn't want the children to sleep over their pillows, so we made pillows with our jackets. The rug, filthy!
The bathroom , minimal to say the least.
Their swimming pool was clean but it is not heated. At least, it was quite hot so after the initial shock, it was fun.
The room price was around $240. Excessive for this MOTEL.
Unless desperate, it is not recommended. Read other reviews which mirror this one. Wish we had read them more carefully!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank aga57
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Independent hotel with home feel. Small two story building with large rooms. Clean and well stocked bathrooms. Large TV's and good channel selection, better than most chain's offer.

Good variety of food at reasonable prices within walking distance. Coffee good in morning with reasonable continental breakfast options.

Bottom line is clean room, good amenities, close to downdown (walking distance), downtown trolly stop at curb and reasonably priced for area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business