La Cuesta Inn
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
USD 123
Sands Inn & Suites(San Luis Obispo)
USD 134
USD 121
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
USD 216
USD 263
USD 225
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Rose Garden Inn(San Luis Obispo)
USD 132
USD 112
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 139/night.

Granada Hotel and Bistro(San Luis Obispo)
USD 420
USD 411
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
USD 140
Orbitz.com
USD 309
USD 288
Orbitz.com
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
USD 253
USD 329
All reviewscookiescal polywafflescontinental breakfastfruit cupdvd playerhard boiled eggswaffle makerapple farmsmall poollittle touchescomfortable bedscomfortable stayking bedfront desk staffoff the highwaywould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 14 April 2015

La Cuesta Inn

This is located right on Monterey Street, about one block south (yes, due south) of the 101. Very convenient to get to, and right across the street from the Apple Farm motel.

Check-In
- Check-in was fairly quick and painless. No issues.
- Can't speak to checkout - wife did that - but she expressed no complaints to me so it must have been OK.

On the plus side:
- The beds are comfortable, although the top cover was far too thick for my taste. Even with the A/C on I was quite warm throughout the night, but my body tends to run that way anyway.
- The room was clean, attractive, and economically laid out. Everything has its place.
- The view through the window was the hill that fronts Buena Vista Street, behind the motel.
- We asked for a quite room, and we definitely got one.
- The lamps and lighting are good. Once can read without changing light bulbs.
- The shower gives hot water quickly and works well.
- Two bathroom sinks - "hers" and a smaller "his".
- This particular room was just a couple of doors away from the pool and hot tub. Although there were people in there that evening, we never heard a thing. This is goodness.

On the down side:
- The toilet seemed small and low to me, but I am 6'4" tall and have ADA-sized toilets in my house and am more used to them.
- The room seemed tiny. When I tried to bring my luggage into the room on their luggage cart, I found that it could NOT be brought into the room. There was a table up against the wall that prevented that from happening. Also, my wife barked her shins against the table in the middle of the night.
- The two easy chairs face the bed. The TV also faces the bed. You will NOT be watching any TV from the easy chairs, but you CAN look outside at the slope going up to the street. Not particularly exciting, but it's there.
- The cost of the room - almost $150 - seems out of line with what you get.

Breakfast
- Unfortunately, they serve the "continental breakfast", meaning that you will get various pastries, waffles, cold cereal, and tired-looking hard boiled eggs. We wwent across the street to the Apple Farm and had a much better breakfast experience. I have never been a fan of continental breakfasts, and I don't know which continent would want to stuff you with carbs and sugar for breakfast. That being said, there are plenty of folks who seem to thrive on this, so my opinion is only my opinion.

Location
- Easy access to all of SLO via local streets, and to surrounding areas via nearby freeway.

Overall, it was a quiet, pleasant and slightly expensive stay. I'll probably check out other places when I'm in that area again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Maria T, General Manager at La Cuesta Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we welcome your comments. We appreciate feedback on your experience and are always looking for ways we can improve our service. Many good suggestions! We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2015

Had a business trip in San Luis Obispo and I stayed there due to the very easy access. All of the rooms were remolded and it was very clean with lots of room for my king bed. Bathroom was adequate and the shower head was very nice.
Have a swimming pool and a spa for those summer days and cool nights.
Continental Breakfast was good,seemed to be lacking just a few things, but otherwise, Ok.
So if you are going to be visiting family or friends near Cal Poly I would strongly recommend this Hotel...

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Maria T, General Manager at La Cuesta Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2015

Thanks for your review Danny B, we are glad you enjoyed the look and feel of our new rooms - we have worked hard to create a relaxing, luxurious space for our guests. With business travelers in mind, each guest room is now equipped with a workstation complete with an ergonomic chair - you can be comfortable when the work doesn't stop. Hope to see you again on your next stay, thanks for choosing and recommending us!

Reviewed 6 April 2015

We stayed here during our Spring Break visit to Cal Poly. It's a great hotel in the middle of a college town. Check in was quick and easy. They had just put out some cookies in the lobby, for guest. They were warm and good. The room was clean and spacious enough with two queen beds. There was a sliding door which led to a balcony. There are two vanities. One outside, and separate from the shower, and the other inside with the shower. The beds were not that the firm and there were many pillows. The hotel was pretty full the night we were there, but there wasn't any noise at all. Very quiet area.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

Thanks David m for your review and happy to hear you enjoyed our accommodations. We are proud to offer very quiet rooms with the majority offering balconies so travelers can take in some fresh air while enjoying the beautiful SLO weather. We are less than a mile from the campus and close to several eateries with a short walk to downtown. Our cookies are baked fresh each day! We hope to see you again on your next trip to San Luis!

Reviewed 7 March 2015

We Stopped off in this hotel for just one night while on a two week coach tour across California.
We arrived mid afternoon and left the next morning, but for our short time here, the place was comfy and clean and did the job fine.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your review - we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's a pleasure for us to host tour groups and we always enjoy hearing about experiences from our overseas visitors, along with sharing the best places in town to visit. We hope you return one day to SLO! Happy travels!

Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

I have been sending by parents to stay at this hotel since I was in undergrad at Cal Poly. Now this hotel is my personal favorite choice when I visit. My husband and I booked a block of rooms here for our wedding guests in January 2015 and definitely felt taken care of! All our wedding guests who stayed here had great reviews and our officiant even won a prize for being "guest of the day." Wonderfully surprised when we checked in as engaged and graciously thought of again as our first night at husband and wife. It's intimate, close to downtown, across the street from the amazing Apple Farm and warm. Love that they are renovating and modernizing the hotel! Thank you La Cuesta Inn staff. Your extra effort and smiles don't go unnoticed!!

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Megankosaka
Maria T, Manager at La Cuesta Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2015

Thanks so much for your review! We strive to take extra special care of wedding parties and love hosting families and friends during these special occasions. You will be pleased to hear we are upgrading our in-room furniture, lighting and drapery very soon - our rooms are having a complete make-over! We look forward to hosting you as newlyweds very soon!