Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
SLO Brew Lofts(San Luis Obispo)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
Rose Garden Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Courtyard San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
All reviewsdog parkpool viewpet areapet friendly hotellaguna lakewaffleswould stay here againfree breakfastcal polyhappy hourthe breakfast areaconvenient locationshort staynice poolclean roomsslo areafresh fruit
Reviewed 17 October 2016

loved our stay there, located in middle of city made easy to accesess. offered breakfast from IHOP loved it. staff provided good information about downtown& best place to visit around. room was clean & presentable.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWRoyalOak, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Hello Manoj P

I'm thrilled by reading your review! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and as you mentioned we are very fortunate to have such a great location. I'm also pleased you enjoyed our full breakfast. We hope to see you again the next time your in San Luis Obispo !!!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Renovations were ongoing and I almost felt banished from the new rooms as my room was in the very back of the hotel with an outside entrance. Room was acceptable but definitely dated. Just passing through for the night and used a Hotwire deal. Could have been the reason for the room selection.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Hello crash467,

Thank you for your review ! We are currently making improvements to our property,and I'm sorry if you felt neglected. Only a hand full of rooms are affected by the current renovation, and just to be clear this has nothing to do with the fact you booked through hotwire. We hope you return to witness all of our hotels improvements :)

Reviewed 16 October 2016

This is a clean, good hotel but for the past 6mo during construction (summer /fall ) the rates went up ! I asked staff & NO Discount was offered for the inconvenience of getting to/from rooms. Noise,dust etc...

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello jtlg65,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and I think it's safe to say we will all be happy when the Construction is over. Our owners are constantly investing into our property to give our guests the best experience possible. Winter brings our lowest rates of the year so no better time to stay then now :)

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Especially right now ... currently undergoing construction on half of their property which every room can hear. The walls are so thin I can hear conversations outside, in other rooms, the banging of the construction,the drills,the sanding and then maid staff.
There has been multiple times the maids have tried to enter my room, even with my do not disturb on the door. The office has made many mistakes like checking me out and not checking me back in. Had to complain multiple times to the office & they do not care.
Worst service ever and I have stayed at many hotels.
I even removed my do not disturb off of the door and it took three phone calls to get them to bring it back to me not sure why they needed to be reminded three times.
There are a few other hotels in the area that are nicer and have to be better.
If you plan on getting any sleep do not stay here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Krysblair
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed for one night as a stop over between San Francisco and LA. Very nice hotel, friendly staff, lovely rooms, very comfortable bed, good little gym, nice pool and free breakfast, plenty of parking.

Even got given some free beer/ wine tokens to use....bonus!

I'd definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Hello Matt,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel :) I'm glad you took the time to use our amenities and took advantage of our beer and wine reception! We hope to see you again !!!