“Best Western San Luis Obispo”

Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Best Western San Luis Obispo”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

A very nice comfortable motel. We were walk-ins and arrived just in time for the complimentary wine which was nice after a day on the road. The beds were most comfortable and the room and bathroom very clean. Loved the balcony as so many times you can't even open a window and here we could enjoy the fresh air without having to leave our room. Check in was quick and the personal friendly. Restaurants across the street and an IHOP next door. My only suggestion, and it is not only at this motel, is that they would serve breakfast till 9:30 or 10 AM. Some of us like to sleep a little later while traveling. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel in April of 2012. Check in was friendly and efficient, and, as I was traveling solo, I was pleased that the corridor outside my room required a hotel key to access.
The room was quite large, as was the bathroom. The vanity area is separate from the shower/commode, and had plenty of space for personal toiletries. The bed was very comfortable and I spent a quiet night.
I had to pull my luggage up a ramp near where I parked my car in order to reach my room as there are no elevators.
The hotel is next door to an IHop and within a 2 min. walk to an Applebys as well as a huge shopping area.
I was impressed enough with the value of my stay that I joined their Rewards Program!
I will be back.

Room Tip: Although I was overlooking the pool, there was no problem with noise. There were very few people usi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Holymolyma
Pernambuco, Brasil
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Good hotel next to many fast food restaurants. We only stayed for the night, but the room was big, with a good shower and bed, and very clean. A fair breakfast was included in the room price with bread, waffles, coffee, apple juice, yogurt and cereal. The staff was also very kind and had our room waiting for us untill 10pm, when we arrived.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank emiliamafra
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice second floor room with a big bathroom. Staff was helpful and very polite. Good breakfast. I really appreciated the oranges they gave us at check in! Nice park (Laguna Lake) to walk in next to the hotel (on the other side of the Chinese restaurant). Many near-by restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NorCalVoyager
lompoc
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Within walking distance to a variety of stores and a few places to eat. Within a couple miles to local clubs and bars. Check out Mother's Tavern. Close to the Madonna Inn Expo, where we went for a concert.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room away from the main street, less noise. Very close to the Madonna Inn Expo.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends