“Not your Ordinary Pizza Chain”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #93 of 322 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 21 March 2018

My partner and I stopped in to the California Pizza Kitchen in SLO after going to the movies in the adjacent cineplex. Although the place was crowded and there was a line, we were seated quickly, and water and bread were brought to the table by our friendly waiter as soon as we had ordered. Although this is a chain and primarily a pizza restaurant, I was amazed by the selection of salads, soups, appetizers and mains. We started off with the Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower, which consists of fresh cauliflower florets buttermilk-battered and fried to a golden brown, then tossed in housemade Sriracha buffalo sauce and topped with a salad of celery, cilantro, scallions and Gorgonzola. Quite tasty. We then had their Five Cheese Pizza and it was better then any pizza I've had in any nationwide chain. Their pizza crusts are available in many styles: thick, thin, gluten-free, etc., and the toppings are all fresh.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Came on a busy farmers market night and had amazing food and service. Stacy our bartender and server was attentive and took care of our special requests and inquiries. My friends sangria flight was fresh and tasty and my Ultimate Bloody Mary was truly ULTIMATE! Enjoyed my fav Kung Pao Spaghetti and this is by far my favorite CPK!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Good service with a lovely server who was happy to chat. Great great great tasty food, actually the best meal I have had so far on this USA holiday, which in one sense is a shame, but also shows that this chain has got great tasty-food. Shared a Spinach and Artichoke dip to start, followed by Kung Po Spaghetti with added Shrimp and hubby had Garlic Cream Fettuccine with added Shrimp, just fabulous! Deffo return to the chain again , hopefully in next location of vacation!!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The food was super good and the wait for a table was not long at all. The service was quick and pleasant. We will be back!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I don't eat pizza, but the seasonal selections and soups keep me coming back to the CPK. They serve excellent bread as well.

The CPK here in SLO is perfectly located downtown within close walk to parking and many shops, movie theater, etc.

I've eaten here numerous times and the restaurant is always clean, the staff friendly, and the food excellent.