“Clean and well maintained”
Review of Villa Motel

Villa Motel
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Ventura, CA
“Clean and well maintained”
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This is an older property. It's a plain vanilla motel. But they get the basics right. The property is kept up. The room was very clean and the bed (room 10) was comfortable. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PelicanDriver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
san jose
Reviewed 1 March 2010

What a lovely motel in SLO! You just don't find places like this anymore.

The room was good sized, clean, bright and inviting. Carpets were clean & unstained. It was fell furnished & had lovely decorations. Beds were really comfy. The staff here was really nice & friendly. We had absolutely amazing service at front desk who took our call and checked us into our rooms when we got there.

We used the pool once and I must say that it was very well maintained and clean unlike other motels which don't maintain their swimming pools. The parking lot was well lit. Ample space for parking, and well-maintained.

We'll definitely be back here if we're in this area again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank vp30883
California
Reviewed 19 February 2010

May look small from outside but inside it's spacious , very clean bright room with wood beam ceilings; Bed was new & comfortable. Had refrigerator, microwave & in room coffee...... Homely environment & convenient location......Close to freeway and 15 min walk to downtown, restaurants & CalPoly.

I definitely recommend to stay at this place when in S.L.O.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Bay Area, California
Reviewed 5 August 2008

We arrived in San Luis Obispo at 1am on a Friday night and didn't have a place to stay. The places right off the freeway were booked, closed or too expensive for us.

Then we drove by Villa Motel and saw a gal knocking on the lobby door. It looked closed, but since she was knocking, it didn't seem to hurt to wait with her.

I gentlemen popped his head out a window and informed the gal that they had a room for $89. She didn't want it and walked away, but my boyfriend and I grabbed it.

Oh, was this a treat! The bed was huge, there were no weird smells. The TV was large and easy to see from the bed.

I loved the bathtub. It was new and the water was warm. There was also a high window in the bathroom so you had your privacy, but could also get ventilation in there.

The wood-beamed ceilings also made the place feel homey.

I'd give the place 5 stars if it wasn't for one thing: the walls are paper thin. At about 2 am people piled into the room next to us and the party started. We could hear every laugh, giggle, and beer sip. I can quote their conversations, it was so crystal clear. I waited until around 3 am and realized they weren't going to bed anytime soon, so I went next door and politely told them that it wasn't there fault, but the walls are so thin I could hear everything they were talking about. They were very nice about it.

I wish we stayed at Villa Motel a second night. We went to the Rose Garden Inn thinking it would be nicer, but were completely disappointed.

If you're on a budget and bring some earplugs, the place is great. My boyfriend thought the sheets were scratchy, but I didn't have a problem with them. They weren't covered in smelly, fabric softener so I was happy.

• Liked — It was clean, but not smelly. The price is great!
  • Disliked — They need to soundproof the walls.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 13 January 2007

This clean, comfortable motel is an excellent value. The room was very well kept: it smelled fresh (no smoke residue), the bathroom was spotless, the bedding was crisp and clean, the refrigerator and microwave were clean and in working order.

The beds and pillows at the Villa are very comfortable - my friend said that she slept the best she has ever slept at a hotel. The hotel manager is a very gracious gentleman - excellent customer service.

Unfortunately, the continental breakfast was very limited (pastries, coffee, orange juice). But downtown SLO is close by and offers many great breakfast options.

I would recommend this motel to anyone. It is an excellent value and a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CAHappyCamper