Called in pretty much on spec as we had read about the sulphur springs in a guide book and realised we would pass on our travels. OH spoke to reception who gave us a guided tour of all the facilities and the available rooms. After a bit of bartering we opted for a room up the hill with its own tub.
Grounds were lovely though don't know why you would wish to pay for a communal hot tub when one on the balcony. Fantastic chilling in the tub with a glass or two of vino.
Room was spacious and clean but a little tired - staff very helpful delivering ice (don't have machines as noisy) and helping set up internet (wired not wifi).
Didn't eat in restaurant as got 'delayed' at the outlet mall but menu looked good.
One gripe that when we settled up in the morning a resort fee had been added on when it hadn't been mentioned to my OH when negotiating rates but to be fair they removed it straight away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore