“Beat up, noisy, flat pillows”

Budget Inn SLO Cal Poly
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 4 November 2017

This place obviously has a hard life. It is shabby, beat up, and the walls are paper thin. Never again would I stay here, and I do not recommend it for other travelers other than to football teams and raves.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

The rooms are very old and not safe (the door seems falling down with a touch). Also, the room stinks and the breakfast is ridiculous: cereals and coffee served just in front of the lobby (in a ridiculously little space). I saw people taking something (if and what it is left) and then eating in their cars. For 60/70 $ I have found soooo much better solutions. Absolutely not recommended!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

It is one of the 5 hotels that are 1/3rd of the price of any other hotel in the area. Perfect if you want cheap and don't care about anything else.

I found it bearable although the bath and tiling was a bit ropey. For me it was a cheap place to crash and it did the job.

My only real complaints were the wifi was awful and the tea and coffee facilities were not in room.

I also thought the included breakfast was a bonus but it was very basic and disappointing so I would only have thought this useful if I was a back packer.

I would stay here again for the price alone

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2017

This by far the worst hotel experience I've ever had!! Not only was I racially profiled but humiliated. Checking In the owner was unfriendly with a very harsh look on his face and when I asked any question was abruptly cut-off or ignored. When booking I ask for non smoking and extra set of sheets.. While checking in I was in formed that I better not smoke weed in the rooms more than once which is crazy because I don't smoke anything that's why I ask for s non smoking room.. I guess all African American women smoke weed in his head!! I also ask for s extra set of sheets and was quickly cut off with s harsh NO I followed with I could pay extra and once again NOTJING EXTRA!!! Was his reply ..After checking my credit card 3 times finally and told me to make sure I was out by 11. At this point I was already ready to leave but had booked with a non refund confirmation so decided to go check my room out it was the last room in the back corner when I open the door Not only was it dirty Furniture was broken down and falling apart burnt holes in everything the hardest mattresses I've ever seen in my life was just a thin blanket thrown over the top this was nothing like the pictures advertised a totally different hotel and its self talking to my friend we figured if we had to stay we would try to see if we can get a better room since the hotel was empty and there was plenty of rooms available I seen him walking down the corridor and ask him if I could please exchange rooms he said that there was nothing else available and that I could just leave I asked him for a refund and he explain to me yes just hurry up and get out of his hotel when I went into the office to get my refund he asked for my card back after he gave me my refund instead of handing me my credit card he threw it across the counter at this point I knew my best bet we'll just hurry up and is that called get out of the Lobby before I got myself into something I could not get out of we bless San Luis and went to another city and found a hotel when waking up the next morning I realize he never actually gave me a refund and I'm currently in the process of fighting needless to say this is the worst hotel experience I've ever had and hopefully the next person reads their reviews before making a reservation for this poorly ran establishment if I could rate it a negative 10 I would they do not deserve any business and hopefully it is shut down

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I walked in front office. Lady came out, I asked for a room, she said I don't know very softly, backed out into door she came from. Man came out looked at me said have no room. Office smelled horrible & obviously very poor customer service. Foreign manager/owner.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo