“real charcoal grilled burgers”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rocky's Charcoals Grill
Ranked #69 of 258 Restaurants in San Leandro
Reviewed 26 October 2015

A great little (and I do mean little) independent burger joint that uses a real charcoal grill to cook their burgers. It gives that authentic, outdoor barbeque taste to their meat.

Reviewed 25 September 2014

Craving a burger and wanted to find the closest thing to me, with a great yelp offer of a free char burger I said sure why not! Not bad, in the heart of the little plaza of downtown San Leandro, and is located right on the corner you can't miss it. Reminds me of a mom and pop shop. The burgers are great and the garlic fries are sooooo good, I like my fries with tons of garlic and that's exactly what you get. What is also great about this place is that they have the salad bar, which all the veggies are fresh! You put it on yourself which is very convenient! The oakland burger was humungous and soooo good. But I think what I love the most about this place also is that they did not do a turkey burger wrong, it was juicy and didn't dry out. I loved it. Will definetely be coming back soon!

1  Thank Roshlynn
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have been coming to Rocky's for several years, and always enjoyed their burgers. Everything meaty is charcoal grilled when ordered, and tasty. They don't fully dress your burger, so you can add your own condiments, produce and such, which I like. I couple of years ago I decided to try the ribs, and boy was I pleased! This is pretty much the only edible barbecue in town, and it is really good. Very tender, moist, fall-off-the-bone ribs with a nice sauce. The full order is a lot for one, so I usually get the lunch special, which is smaller. Sides are basic, but as good as one usually gets with BBQ.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Wow --- I went to Rocky's after reading the Yelp reviews --- they seemed high, but I was willing to give it a try.

Surprise --- some of the best ribs i have ever eaten --- on par with the best in Kansas City (perfectly moist, delicious, fall off the bone perfect). I decided that I would have to come back the next day --- the ribs were a little dry the second time.

I had a bunch of the sides --- cole slaw, potato salad, bread, fries --- nothing inspiring with the sides, though I would recommend the cole slaw.

Good service; average ambiance (outdoor seating); decent prices; large quantities --- I will try it again.