DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 241
USD 228
Courtyard
Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 255
USD 229
  • Breakfast included
USD 270
USD 252
Homewood
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 208
USD 165
The Westin San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 333
USD 163
USD 151
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 188/night.

USD 194
USD 147
Fairmont San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 444
USD 419
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 278
USD 260
Hyatt.com
Hilton San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 321
USD 286
Hilton.com
  • Pool
2,203 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiessushi barclose to the airportexecutive floorper dayrooms are largesjc airportsprigconferencefreewayshuttleconveniencestarbuckseventproximity
Reviewed 15 January 2018

The only positives I can give this property are fast elevators and convenience to the airport.
I booked the DoubleTree in San Jose at twice the normal room rate, but justified it based on past experiences at Hilton properties, who have always taken care of me. Unfortunately, those past experiences were all sullied within the first 24 hours of my stay and have given me pause to continue with Hilton Honors' loyalty program.
I used the app to check in online the day before, selecting a room with a mountain view. When I checked in at the temporary front desk (remodeling going on) I was given a different room with no explanation. I wasn't acknowledged as a Diamond Member, and I also was not offered an upgrade or even told there weren't any available rooms to upgrade to. I didn't make any mention of these things, thinking the woman checking me in was new, and at the moment it didn't really matter anyway. I figured the room would be fine so why make a fuss.
When I got up to my room - which was adequate, nothing spectacular - I realized there was no fridge or microwave. Normally not a big deal, but I had purchased some perishable food before checking in. I went back downstairs and very politely asked for a fridge to be brought up to my room. Scott informed me there would be an additional charge of $50 per night for the fridge. Bear in mind, I was already paying twice the normal rate. I balked at the $50 surcharge, and was then told I could upgrade to a premium room for an additional $150 per night. Apparently there were upgrades available after all. At no time did either Scott nor the woman who initially checked me in mention my Diamond status. Apparently it's not worth much at DoubleTree San Jose.
I could have let that slide. But problems continued. To preserve the food I had purchased, I utilized one of the two sinks by filling it with ice before I went to bed, and again in the morning before I left. Imagine my dismay when I returned in the afternoon to find the housekeeping staff had drained the sink! Didn't even remove the food, but left it in there!
DoubleTree wanted to go for the trifecta, and they did at their lounge/bar. A sign did not say to 'seat yourself' nor did it say 'wait to be seated.' Being polite, I waited and looked at the wait staff in the area for a signal. Despite making eye contact with 3 different employees, no one gestured for me to sit or stay. I decided to have a seat at a table closest to the bar, hoping the bartender would notice (I would have sat directly at the bar, but it was full). It took 10 minutes for the bartender to see me and say someone would be right with me. After 5 more minutes I had had enough and walked out. I did come back again in the week, and while I was served sooner, the staff could be heard bickering towards and at each other.
The hotel's system sent several automated texts throughout the week, reminding me to ask them for anything I needed. I didn't reply. If your human staff can't assist me, the texting won't either.
I'll be sending a copy of this to Hilton Honors. The massive failures in taking care of guests who frequent Hilton brands are indicative of a larger issue. The fact that I saw so many disappointing customer service issues tells me there's an issue with management. I don't plan on returning to this particular Hilton property again, and may give serious consideration to switching loyalty programs as well.

1  Thank Jeff W
CookieonArrival, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are deeply sorry to hear about your recent experience at our property. We take pride in our "make it right" brand promise and we cannot apologize enough for your less than memorable experience at our property.

We truly value all of our Hilton Honors guests and we're very sorry you did not receive any of the Hilton Honors benefits you have grown accustomed to. We will be sharing your feedback with our entire team to work on making much needed improvements going forward.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Hotel is not a wheelchair friendly establisment. There is carpet everywhere making it hard for you to move around in a wheelchair. Also, there is construction going on, so the front desk is situated in a hard place to get to in a wheelchair. Rooms are in need of updating and new beds.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CookieonArrival, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear marikoi2018,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay. We are deeply sorry to hear about the issues you had getting around our property in your wheelchair. This is important feedback for us to have. We strive to create a positive, safe environment for all of our hotel guests and we are sorry you did not feel safe using your wheelchair while you were a guest at our property. We will be forwarding your feedback to the rest of our management team for review and to make necessary improvements moving forward.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

DT by Hilton is solidly reliable as a pretty comfortable place. Not super convenient to Downtown, but very close to airport. Good staff. Decent amenities. If you want walkable touristy things, this is not the place to be; you'll need a car or uber.

Dear HRMendoza,

Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that your recent stay at our property was comfortable and you experienced great customer service from our hotel staff. We strive to deliver excellent customer service to all of our guests and we're happy to hear to hear you had a taste of our warm, caring customer service during your stay with us.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stayed here while I was photographing the U.S. National Figure Skating Championships downtown. The biggest plus is the great location near the freeways and a few eating places. The room was also large, with good storage space.

The facility is aging, however, and the internet did not work that well for us in the evenings. While the room price was good (about $145/night), parking is $22/night and if you want a fridge in your room it is $20/night.

We ordered room service one night. The food was good, though overpriced, as room service usually is.

Rooms are not particularly eco-friendly, and they haven't gone to bulk dispensers and did not notice info about towels on the floor versus hung up etc. The bed was too hard.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris A

Dear Chris,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and were able to take advantage of our spacious guestrooms.

We appreciate your suggestions on how we can continue to improve guest experience. This is important feedback for us to have as we continue to move forward and make ongoing changes to our property.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

No apology or explanation made for the apparent renovation. It was hard to find the front desk, nor was there much concern shown for the lost-looking guests. Not much interaction was to be had with the staff, no hours posted on restaurant or bistro, extremely erratic quality at the Starbucks kiosk.

1  Thank 930es

Dear 930es,

We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience our current lobby renovation caused you during your stay and for the less than stellar customer service you received while visiting our on-property dining options. We will be forwarding your feedback to the rest of our management team for review and ongoing improvements.