“Great steaks mostly”
Review of Morton's

Morton's
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 2,215 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: USD 5 - USD 100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We have been here numerous times, and the experience is always very good. They always drop the ball on something (usually minor) which keeps them from getting an excellent.

This time; my wifes drink (vodka/lime juice) was missing the lime juice, so she had to send it back.

And she and i ordered the same porterhouse steaks; hers looked like something that came off the cover of a magazine (perfect in every way), mine looked much less than perfect. Taste was good however, so no complaints there, but visual is part of the experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I think it's a bit overpriced for what we got (thus 4 stars), but this is still a very nice restaurant, elegantly decorated, that serves really good food. I really enjoyed the burrata, mango, and heirloom tomato salad. The burrata made the salad something hearty and the mango gave it a nice tanginess. We also shared the scallops appetizer; the scallops were wrapped in bacon and were huge. I had the boneless ribeye; it was pretty good but I've had better. It didn't seem to be as juicy as I thought it should be. The desserts were outstanding; we had the chocolate mousse and the chocolate cake. It was clear that they used a high quality chocolate; sure enough, the waiter checked and they use Callebaut, my favorite. The service was decent enough but not spectacular.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

While on a business trip, my first night I thought I'd try for a good steak.

This place is high-end, and has a good reputation online. It's right next to my hotel so I thought this will do!

At 8pm on a Saturday night, it was pretty empty, which surprised me, and I was seated immediately.

I quickly ordered the porterhouse steak and lyonnaise potatoes, medium rare (the waitress confirmed warm red center, which was a nice touch I thought), and then she brought a medium-sized round loaf over to the table along with a good sized amount of whipped and creamed butter.

Way too much bread for one person, I happily dug into it, tearing still-warm chunks off and slathering it in the butter. Delicious!

The steak arrived after about five minutes, which I was shocked at: the plate was still heavily running with juices and I figured it wasn't going to be rested enough.

The fillet side of the steak was glorious: exactly as it should be, tender, melting, and delicious. The part nearest the bone was a little under, but nothing really you'd worry about.

The potatoes were ok; a bit dry, a bit meh.

The sirloin part of the steak, however, was really underdone. Mostly rare, with only the very bottom edge being correct, it was a bit chewy.
The only reason I didn't tell the waitress and have it re-fired was because the whole thing was so big there was no way I could finish it anyway.

Disappointing, considering it's a steak house, and considering the steak alone was $64, and that was enough for me to decide I won't be back.

2  Thank TankDaVinci
Reviewed 18 May 2017

The porterhouse steak was fantastic -- oozing with juiciness. Ordered medium and loved the crispy edge.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

For the first time eating at Mortons i Can only give 3 Stars
The servers were not really patning attention and helping with wines
The food was good for one half of the Company but not the other and everything was not Well organizedas usual at Mortons
Dissapointing