“Good food, better service”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,455 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Fogo de Chão(R) (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo(R) began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 20 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet market table, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We had lunch at Fogo de Chao for my receptionist's birthday.
Parking at Santana Row, as usual, was a challenge.
With reservations, we were seated almost immediately. The cost for lunch was about a third less than when I ate there for dinner.
A wide choice of meats brought to you fresh out of the kitchen on skewers and sliced for you. The waitstaff were attentive and friendly, constantly bringing selections to the table for us. Most of the selections were tasty.
The salad bar was included. Although somewhat limited in selection, it was a good addition to limit your protein overload.
We thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Went here for lunch to check out for possible company lunch. Parking is a problem as it always is for Santana Row shops. Staff very friendly and attentive. Inside very modern and upscale. System is very simple with the green/red cards. Salad bar selection somewhat limited. Quality and variety of meat brought around was very good. We were never left waiting for service. You pay for it but I would say it was a good experience worth the price. It was really nice because it wasn't crowded. I imagine it could get loud.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Obviously not your place to be if you're vegetarian as the main attraction here is a plethora of different meats being served at your table. The meats are brought to your table and sliced off of skewers. They are excellent cooks and I like this place so much that I've come here a few times. It's pretty popular so if you go during a busy time (weekends or evenings) I'd call ahead for reservations. I think my favorite is the lamb and filet mignon. The service was excellent and from start to finish and I always had something to eat. I also discovered a very tasty soda from Brazil called Guarana Antartica. I liked it so much that I started looking for a place to buy it but unfortunately I'd have to order it over the internet at a hefty premium :( Anyways I can't say enough about how great the meats are here. It's a bit pricey but the quality of the food is excellent and your guaranteed to leave completely stuffed.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Nice place for a ladies lunch. Lots of fresh salads, fruits and vegetables for an all-you-can-eat buffet lunch for $15. If desired, you can add on a meat for about $9 extra depending upon the meat or you can order the full meat experience. They also had a soup and 2 side dishes were also brought to our table included with the buffet. We enjoyed the food, but the place was a little noisy with the overhead speakers pumping loud music and the restaurant temperature was too cold. We ordered coffees afterwards and twice, it was served cold. Had to wait quite awhile to get a hot cup of coffee. Will likely return, but will hope for a warmer, quieter environment.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

- tables are too close to each other
- servers are not assigned by section so sometimes some of your requests might go missing
- processes are not predictable, so if you are detail oriented, it will drive you crazy. For example, the route that the meat carriers walk is random. The sequence of different meats is also not predictable.
- they do not manage their inventory well either, at 1 pm they had run out of Guarana and at 2 pm they had run out of Papaya Cream!
- The salad bar could have more options ( and they do in other locations or did in the past)
- The hot buffet options were not replenished timely.
- The next special occasion lunch/dinner will be elsewhere for sure!