“Awful - work is needed.”

Heritage Rose Garden
Ranked #21 of 117 things to do in San Jose
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I arrived at a dilapidated car park from which I could see a stray dog. I felt the moment I left my car someone would probably move in, possibly the poor homeless guy sleeping on a nearby grassy knoll. I walked in by the rough, unkempt paths into the rose circle centre, passing dying, sprawling and overgrown rose bushes. It looks like it hasn't been maintained for months. I felt very sorry for the park and felt it's emptiness. It looks like a well-meaning community project gone wrong. Even if it was better kept I still felt it would have a slightly barren, out of place feel. I hope someone can prove me wrong.

All reviews
"great place for a picnic"
"huge park"
in 3 reviews
"trimmed"
"fountain"

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Gorgeous Rose Garden. It's nice to come for a visit and see the flowers, or also a good place to go and just sit and relax for a while.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Although there's little shade unless you walk over to the park next door, it is so beautiful that it's worth it. And the smell of roses always permeates the air. Place to go for serene beauty any time of year, though May is absolutely the best.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I love coming by during lunch and just hanging out. It's so pretty. It can get busy during the spring tho!