“Not worth your money”

Wing's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1,421 of 2,290 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 November 2015

Ok, I love chinese and try to find it whenever I travel. I tried Wing's based on hotel front desk on day of arrival. $45 for shrimp fried rice, mushu pork and eggrolls? Then to top it off, the food was bland, under seasoned and generally poor at best. No way I would recommend this to anyone. Try Jade China instead, you'll thank me!

1  Thank sasnks

Reviewed 20 August 2015

We went to restaurant at 4:30 PM a late lunch for us and may places did open until 5 - reviews recommended 4.5

Over all it was a poor experience - right from the start of going in located up stairs with a smell of old carpet - once in side it reminded of a scene from Casablanca - the hostess was abrupt not friendly and quick to advise it was dinner time - there was also once family there eating with who appeared to be the owner.

Carpet and up keep not well I do not know how they passed a health and food inspection. the table was not clean and glasses was sticky.

We ordered food say give a try - when the food came it was not what we had thought we ordered. First she was quick to correct us that we pointed to a number even though we discussed about the chicken dish - so oops on us the when I asked about the fried the rice onions and other stuff again to defend it she people don't like onions so we don't put it in - you have to ask me... wow - did not know that there were rules to asking an order.

The fried rice was old white rice with no flavor and or taste- it had old egg in it - 2 shrimps and possible mystery. The order we received was shrimp honey - not chicken honey - good thing not allergic to shrimp.

We gave it try would never go back! - Had a bad case of the clearing out our intestines with in 30 min of eating - I do not know how they survived.

Would not recommend eating there ever! - If time is the issue wait it out there are better restaurants such as the Korean 1 min away.

Also be sure you keep money in the meter - the San Jose Meter Maids are on the prowl - I think the meter was expired by 5 min had a $ 40.00 fine and later the intestine clearing process...at least we keep San Jose's Finest maids employed!

1  Thank StephStx
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Said online they had been in business since 1925. Food ok. Typical Chinese. Sweet sour sauce excellent. Spring rolls a little bland. Fried rice too plain. Portions good. Order perfectly accurate! Pricey. Four meals delivered to hotel $90 and tip was not included. Food was good but would probably try a different one next time in town.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My mother is impossible to please. She's Japanese and picky, picky, picky. She'll eat anywhere you take her but she'll talk trash about it afterwards for YEARS if it wasn't good. This is the only Chinese restaurant she actually requests to go to for the Hot and Sour Soup and she knows her Hot and Sour Soup. I took friends there in December for the first time and afterwards they both looked at me accusingly and said, "You've known us for years and this is the FIRST time you thought to bring us here??" Ever since then it's the first place on their list when they visit and the Kung Pao chicken is first on the order. The service is uber-fast so the food arrives piping hot and delicious. The place is a dive, no way to sugarcoat that with it's high walled booths decorated in red and gold flocked wallpaper and beads that hang at the entrances. There are tables but I have to admit I love those dark, dingy booths. Atmosphere is off putting at first but sit down because the food is outstanding, the service wonderful and the prices way reasonable. It's my sure to please choice for family and friends.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The food here is great. They have a good sized menu. All the staff is always friendly. Sometimes hard to find at Chinese food places. Parking can be tough to get sometimes. Its not a very big place but the atmosphere is good. The only bad thing I would have to say about this place other than the parking is they are a bit pricier than most Chinese food places. If they were more competitively priced I would give them another star.

1  Thank Steve H

Been to Wing's Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!