“Nothing special, but not bad”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wing's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1,419 of 2,244 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 February 2013

If I were to say anything phenomenal about Wing's, it would be its staying power: this joint has been in business for over half a century! That being said, there's nothing really remarkable about it: you'll get all the typical stuff that any other Chinese restaurant serves (chow mein, sweet/sour pork, kung pao chicken, General Cho's chicken, hot spicy bean curd, etc.). They give you decent portions and they all taste okay. If you want a quick Chinese meal at a reasonable price - and you're somewhere near City Hall (the restaurant's actually located in Japan-town for some reason!) - this will satisfy you. But trust me: no one (normal!) drives an hour just to eat at this place!

1  Thank frtw

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Yes the place could be remodeled, But that is the atmosphere. Good value but he food is not really tasty. The soup is good but the dinner for 2 or three tasted pretty much boiler plate. I was hoping to get chop sticks but not. decent portions.

2  Thank ceskydup
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Nice ambience. Good food. Confortable and very quiet

Reviewed 18 January 2011

I actually worried about food poisoning because the food was not kept as hot as it should have been but we did survive. However, when I tried to order off the menu, the woman behind the counter made it clear that I could only buy what was on the steam table. Almost half of the food was coated with batter, fried and soaking in sweet and sour sauce. Chicken nuggets, boneless pork ribs (could not prove it by me - just very tough pieces of pork), etc. We chose spicy chicken, broccoli beef, white rice and battered boneless pork ribs. The spicy chicken had no vegetables, just chicken in a brown spicy sauce. Not particularly good or interesting. The broccoli beef was, by far, mostly broccoli, also in a very boring sauce. Broccoli was more raw than cooked and also very hard to cut. However, the boneless pork ribs were so tough I had trouble cutting them with my knife and you really could not politely pick them up as there was no bone. They were in a sweet and sour sauce but had no pineapple, onion or green pepper. The cost to serve 4 was $24 with tax. The woman forgot to give me back my credit card but ran after me with it. Her presentation of the bill had me confused so I slipped on the credit card myself. I did not have to sign but she handed me a bill to take with me that had a spot for a tip. I guess she did not give herself one as she did not offer the merchant slip to me.

The restaurant has its steam table at the front and a few tables in back. At 6 pm on a Sunday night there were NO other customers. At all.

1  Thank 7continentKaren
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 25 January 2008

Decor nothing special, atmosphere is lacking - but I enjoyed the food the one time I was there.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook