“Nice”

Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Nice ambience. Good food. Confortable and very quiet

Reviewed 18 January 2011

I actually worried about food poisoning because the food was not kept as hot as it should have been but we did survive. However, when I tried to order off the menu, the woman behind the counter made it clear that I could only buy what was on the steam table. Almost half of the food was coated with batter, fried and soaking in sweet and sour sauce. Chicken nuggets, boneless pork ribs (could not prove it by me - just very tough pieces of pork), etc. We chose spicy chicken, broccoli beef, white rice and battered boneless pork ribs. The spicy chicken had no vegetables, just chicken in a brown spicy sauce. Not particularly good or interesting. The broccoli beef was, by far, mostly broccoli, also in a very boring sauce. Broccoli was more raw than cooked and also very hard to cut. However, the boneless pork ribs were so tough I had trouble cutting them with my knife and you really could not politely pick them up as there was no bone. They were in a sweet and sour sauce but had no pineapple, onion or green pepper. The cost to serve 4 was $24 with tax. The woman forgot to give me back my credit card but ran after me with it. Her presentation of the bill had me confused so I slipped on the credit card myself. I did not have to sign but she handed me a bill to take with me that had a spot for a tip. I guess she did not give herself one as she did not offer the merchant slip to me.

The restaurant has its steam table at the front and a few tables in back. At 6 pm on a Sunday night there were NO other customers. At all.

1  Thank 7continentKaren
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 25 January 2008

Decor nothing special, atmosphere is lacking - but I enjoyed the food the one time I was there.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 3 January 2008

Good food, great delivery!

Reviewed 29 December 2007

When I went here with a large group of friends we found a hidden diamond in the rough. Although I've heard that the owner has changed and the food doesn't taste the same, when I came the food was great. Everything was served hot and was the most authentic Chinese restaurant I have ever been to. Entering the restaurant you have to climb a flight of stairs but it is well worth the hike. The scenery and decorations aren't much to look at, but like most good asian restaurants, if you're looking for a good place to eat with family this is the place.