“Not good”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #82 of 2,454 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I was here just one time and that was enough! Nothing special about it! Not the food neither the enviroment!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Five Guys makes a pretty good burger. Overall satisfaction will come from what you decide put on it.

Most recent visit I order a cheeseburger with grilled mushroom, fresh jalapeños and hot sauce. Good flavor but a bit messy to eat...mostly due to the runny hot sauce.

This location is clean with both indoor and outdoor seating. It can get crowded at lunch time as can the parking lot which services a multitude of other restaurants. Consider parking at the Target.

For those that never been to a five guys, a few differentiators to note:

1. A burger is always two patties unless you buy the baby burger or ask for single patty. The normal burger with two patties is pretty filling and if you add lots of toppings it gets even more filling and more complicated to eat. They only cook it one way so no choices on how well the meat is prepared.

2.You have many toppings from which to pick. They put on whatever you desire...you can get carried away.

3. They have all you can eat peanuts for free so I skip the fries.

4. Their overall menu is pretty small so plan on either a burger or hotdog. Shakes are an option.

This location is close to my company so I enjoy it for a lunch break. Give it a try if you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Had a taste for a burger don't come here that often it's a little bit on the pricey side but food was good service was great.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

When you're in the mood for a fried, fast-food burger, you can't go wrong with Five Guys. Their fries are also top notch and the service is always fast and friendly.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Ordered Cheeseburger, Small fries and chocolate shake. Asked how I would know when ready. Advise that they would announce my number. Advised server that I was sitting outside with my wife. Staff advised me that they would come out and either bring me my order or at least advise when ready since they didn't have speakers outside. After I noticed people coming out with food who went in before me, I decided to check. Cook behind counter held up a bag and asked if I was # 61 ... and handed me a greasy bag that contained a cold burger and cold fries. advised that I should have come in earlier to get my food. They didn't care about coming out to me. Burger was average....ate half ... minimal lettuce, hardly any onions - even though I ordered extra - 3 tiny pickles on one side of burger and tiny tomato. Fries were soggy and cold...ate some. Shake was OK. Overall - Not impressed. I was hungry but not that hungry.

Been to Five Guys? Share your experiences!