“Lovely Greek restaurant”

Nemea Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Nemea Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,235 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: USD 20 - USD 40
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I knew it would be authentic when I heard the name "Nemea". Beautiful taverna with a nice Greek wine list including retsina which as usual tastes strong but always evokes great memories of Greece! The Octopus was a large serving grilled with arugula. I had the traditional saganaki which was served flaming at the table. Always fun! Wonderful cheese with sweetness and lemons. I had the Nemea special for dessert and it was the best baklava that I have ever had. It was filled with pistachios!!! Also included ouzo ice cream which I will try to replicate. Prices are standard for Sam Jose area. Parking in garage nearby is pricey but no different than any big city. Take the rail and it drops you off right at the restaurant. Be careful about the water. I was asked still or sparkling and opted for still which came with a $7 charge. I thought it would be tap. The waiter removed the charge when I explained my confusion. Service was extremely fast. I would definitely return!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

If you are staying in the Fairmont this is a solid Greek restaurant a block away. The menu is what you would expect and the server tried hard. The kitchen was unwilling to make any adjustments to the menu--which I better understand if either it is busy or if the Chef is a star and doesn't want to compromise his vision (neither of which was true).

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The food was a little unusual and exceptionally good. Everything we ate was delicious. Good drinks too! And good service.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Never visited here before and probably never will again because parking < 2 hours cost $7. I explained that we were just visiting to eat dinner but parking in the structure still cost $7!

The restaurant itself has wonderful service and delicious Greek food at reasonable prices for a sit-down dining experience with linens and silverware. The ambience is cozy, relatively quiet enough to carry a conversation. Open kitchen concept is apparent and the bar-b-que pit is towards the dining area. Sort of cool to see.

If you can find less expensive parking, I’d strongly recommend giving Nemea Greek Taverna a try.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We went to dinner here on the recommendation of the hotel concierge, and are happy we did. The atmosphere is upscale casual and the service was wonderful. The food was very good - we were a bit disappointed at the presentation, and the lack of seasoning. All in all a nice place to end the day with friends or business associates.