Hotel Valencia - Santana Row
USD 143
USD 129
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 175/night.

Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 175
USD 146
Courtyard
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 300/night.

USD 195
USD 175
Homewood
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 251/night.

The Westin San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 148
Westin.com
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 272/night.

Hilton San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 187
USD 173
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 238/night.

Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 209
USD 165
USD 211
USD 197
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 266/night.

San Jose Marriott(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 185
USD 157
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 289/night.

USD 116
FourPoints.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 196/night.

HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley(San Jose)(Great Value!)
USD 160
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 271/night.

All reviewsrooftop barbalcony overlookingturn down servicewestfield mallrestaurants and shopscomplimentary breakfastvalet parkingsilicon valleyrooms are spaciousbusiness tripthe san jose areanightlifebalconiesshuttersbellmancalifornia
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We love this Hotel!
Hotel Valencia in Santana Row is perfectly situated and offers the right mix of comfort and availability of restaurants within walking distance. It is reasonably quiet, depending on the room location. We have over the years stayed in the inner courtyard room with the comfortable balcony that allows you to have the experience of enjoying the atmosphere of the outdoors, while enjoying your own privacy..
We had called and reserved a balcony -courtyard room that ended up not being available! We were slighted and unhappy!
After complaining, and with reluctance they upgraded us to a junior suite in room 546 on the 5th floor that overlooked the Maggiannos Park that was buzzing with life, music, and restaurants... They did this but when looking outside at all the back alley facing balcony rooms, it was clear they put everyone else in rooms in the inner courtyard because the other rooms and hotel seemed empty. So they could have met our original reservation by moving someone else to the back alley.
We did enjoy ourselves but frankly, if you can afford the extra 100$ per night you should stay at the Garden Court Hotel in Palo Alto. It is pricey but a completely different class of hotel, guarantee and service.

Room Tip: You cannot choose your room of choice. That is our issue.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv2truv3l
HotelValencia, Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Luv2truv3I, we do guarantee our room types in either a deluxe room which include a balcony or a traditional room without a balcony. Certain features of a room like the location and the view offered are requests that we do our very best to honor and based on the availability of the request. There are only 9 King Deluxe Balcony rooms in our courtyard out of our 212 rooms. I am pleased that you were upgraded to a Junior Suite overlooking the park area in Santana Row which is one of our most requested rooms. I will be pleased to assist you personally with any concerns or special requests for future visits to Hotel Valencia Santana Row.

Brent Gaines,
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I had the opportunity to travel on business for 5 nights at the end of Feb and stayed at the Hotel Valencia.

In fairness, this was a business trip, so my needs in a hotel are much different than when traveling with my wife or family. I want something centrally located, decent sized room with amenities, nice spot for breakfast and perhaps a bar to catch a drink at the end of the day. So for my needs, the Valencia certainly hit the spot.

My room was large with a king, beautiful bed and covers with a small balcony overlooking a small courtyard below. Some rooms overlook an internal courtyard, others the parking area - ask when checking in. The rest of the room was great, although it could have used a more visible clock (esp for us east-coasters adjusting to the time difference and prone to waking very early in the morning).

We had the opportunity to take advantage of the hot tub outside on the 5th floor which was great. Pool seemed nice too, but it was a bit too cool for us to use.

The morning breakfast (included in your rate) was excellent! Not your average continental breakfast either with a daily egg selection, meats, potatoes, cereals, pastries, different juices, etc. It was a great start to the day.

The hotel is ideally located within Santana Row - so tons of restaurants around and pricey shops to peruse with any spare time. The hotel desk will also provide a jogging route in the area if you're so inclined or there is a fitness centre on the 5th floor.

The bar was a bit tight on space when we were there, but that might have been more as the result of the temperature as the outside space was not used due to the cooler temperatures. I understand this is a bit of a hotspot from Thurs - Sat - we saw it one night as people lined up to access the hotel, but it was of no bother to us in any way. (we did hear parking is tough on weekends - solved w valet)

All in all a great hotel that was close to Silicon Valley and within range of a visit to San Francisco as well.

PS Philly Flyers stayed in the hotel for a few nights while we were there - not sure if other sports teams call this home when on the road, but seemed a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank harvman
Reviewed 3 March 2012

After staying for one night at Hotel Valencia, I was planning on giving it 5 stars. Clean, well decorated, very hip hotel. Great location- loved santana row with great shopping and nice restaurants. Pool was very nice. Breakfast was excellent. I realized later that day I had forgotten my telephone charger in the room. I called and they said they would look into it and call me back. They called me back a few hours later and said they found it. In the meantime, I realized I left my earrings on the night table as well. I asked them to see if they found any earrings. I waited until I returned home to see if my earrings were mailed back with my charger. I wasn't too surprised when they weren't in the package, but more disappointed she never bothered to call me back. I called again and asked them to look into it. The employee again took my number and said she would call me back. I received no phone call. I waited a few more days, and called back and this time, I said I would stay on hold, while she called down to housekeeping. She came back 20 minutes later and said they never found them. I asked her to confront the person who cleaned my room, because I am 100 percent positive I left them on the night table and I wanted a phone call back. I never received any call back. It was my fault I left them there so I'm not so mad about not getting my favorite earrings back, but I am so disappointed how the handled the situated. I believe I spoke to Colleen 2 out of the 3 times I called.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank ike2012016

ike1201, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am concerned you are unhappy regarding interactions and service with our staff with regards to some lost and found items. I have located some internal records with contact information that match the comments written here. I will contact you directly.

Brent Gaines,
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 22 February 2012

When in San Jose this is always my hotel of choice. The Valencia is chic with its great decor through and through. The lounge/bar has great drinks and draws quite the crowd. I'll definitely be back. I've stayed at 2 (San Jose and San Antonio) or the 3 Valencia Hotels, and both offer the boutique feel that I absolutely adore.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MCPELAYO
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our second time here. Everything was almost perfect. Great location for a couple wanting a"european" hotel in San Jose. We had booked the romantic package which included a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The delivery of those items was so delayed, that we had to call the desk several times. And in the morning we got our breakfast late too, logistics need help. The breakfast wasn't much.....juice,coffee,and a roll.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple